Academic Operations Officer - req# 10782
Academic Operations Officer
|Working Title||Academic Operations Officer|
UNM’s Anderson School of Management currently seeks an Academic Operations Officer. Reporting to the Dean of the Anderson School of Management, the Academic Operations Officer serves as a member of the leadership team, oversees/directs the operational and administrative functions of the school and participates in short and long-term planning and accreditation efforts.
In addition to overseeing the Dean's office, this role -
· Has oversight of administrative staff within the school ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures
· Is responsible for space management and building coordination
· Serves as liaison on internal and external written and verbal communication and problem resolution
· Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Desired is a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion. and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Experience in a staff operations role at the University of New Mexico
· Advanced experience with UNM faculty affairs, human resources, and student employment policies and procedures (including policy interpretation and transactional knowledge with UNM Jobs)
· Experience supervising multiple staff and knowledge of performance management principles
· Exceptional written communication skills as demonstrated by the cover letter and resume
· Knowledge of space management and building coordination roles including class scheduling principles
· Knowledge of finance roles, policies, procedures and ability to serve as a liaison between departments and financial staff on a variety of matters
· Mediation experience/knowledge
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||ASM Administration (224B)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$4,738.93 - $ $7,108.40|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/11/2019|
|Application Instructions||Applicants should include a cover letter detailing their experience as it relates to the position summary and preferred qualifications, a current resume, and a list of at least three professional references.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.