Accounts Payable Analyst - req# 7485
Fiscal Services Tech
|Working Title||Accounts Payable Analyst|
Assists in maintaining records of fiscal and budgetary controls, ledgers, and/or other related transactions, in either direct or indirect support of accountants or administrators. Processes routine financial documents and fund transactions, reconciles financial records, and analyzes routine financial data. Assists in the development, coordination, and maintenance of unit budgets, as appropriate. Serves as unit requisitioner or initiator of financial transactions. Accounts Payable liaison responsible for matching packing slips, matching sales receiving documentation with invoice, running checks and working with vendors and/or staff to reconcile discrepancies. Assists with month end and year end processes. Must have excel knowledge and be proficient with computers. Must be detail oriented, accurate, possess organizational/prioritization skills, have good verbal/written communications skills and problem analysis/solving skills. Confidentiality and ability to complete work on time is necessary in this position. Knowledge of or the ability to learn Accounts Receivable, Cash Reconciliation, and the processes for Shipping & Receiving. Will be a part of the management team for the store and will assist with opening and closing of the store and periodic weekend shifts.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
* Retail bookstore accounts payable and/or experience using the retail method of accounting for accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash handling and shipping & receiving.
* Generating routine AP financial reports, statements and management reporting for a large business-orientated organization utilizing Visual Ratex software.
* Performing end of month AP reconciliation duties and entries ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all AP documents processed.
* Reviewing and researching AP vendor statements and reporting AP vendor discrepancies to internal department buyers and external vendors for resolution of discrepancies.
* Responding to vendor inquiries regarding payments and credits.
* Knowledge and ability to learn accounts receivable, cash handling, and shipping & receiving processes.
* Proficiency with Excel and all MS Office software.
* Experience with supervision of subordinate employees.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Bookstore Main Campus (219A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/4/2019|
|Application Instructions||A cover letter is required and must address how each preferred qualification has/hasn’t been met, performed, demonstrated or learned. A current resume must also be included.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.