Admin Assistant 2 - req# 6946
Admin Assistant 2
|Working Title||Admin Assistant 2|
The University of New Mexico's Athletics Department seeks a self-motivated Admin Assistant 2 to join the Athletics Administration team and provide high quality administrative support to our department staff.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Providing receptionist support for the Athletics Administration, including answering the main phone line, directing visitors, receiving and distributing mail, and coordinating front desk coverage.
· At the request of a head coach or department head, generating game contracts and other Athletics department documentation, tracking completion status, and maintaining filing systems.
· Providing general administrative support to coaching and department staff:
o Processing shipping/mailing requests, maintaining records and filing systems.
o Scheduling meetings and interviews, taking meeting minutes
o Coordinating the completion of onboarding activities and documents for new hires and visitors.
· Processing payroll - bi-weekly time entry/time keeping for non-exempt employees and leave tracking and reporting for exempt employees.
UNM Athletics is committed to student athlete success and competitive excellence by creating an inclusive environment, through recruiting, developing, and retaining quality people, providing a great fan experience, inspiring community engagement, and serving as a source of pride for New Mexico. The Admin Assistant 2 will serve as the primary contact for clients and visitors in a large, fast paced, on the move environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is necessary. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, should be experienced with UNM's policies and procedures, and be results-driven.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Detail-oriented, results driven, proactive and resourceful
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment providing high-quality customer service
· Knowledge of general accounting principles
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· UNM Banner time entry (payroll)
· UNM Finance and Budget knowledge
· Knowledge of UNM Student Employment hiring processes
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Athletics Administration (925C1)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Pay||$10.58 - $14.42 Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/26/2018|
|Application Instructions||It is required that your application reflects that you meet the minimum qualifications in the Education and Employment History sections. A cover letter should be uploaded and must speak to your skills, experience, and education (if applicable) as it relates to the job duties and responsibilities.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.