Admin Assistant 2 (UNMTemps) - req# 10321
Admin Assistant 2 (UNMTemps)
|Working Title||Admin Assistant 2 (UNMTemps)|
The Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering (CCEE), along with the Center for Water & the Environment (CWE) are searching for a talented individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant II. Both the department and center are highly intensive research programs, making this is an exceptional opportunity to learn vital skills in not only higher education, but also the opportunity to gain experience in working with state and federal agencies and their research management, and procurement process.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, with strong problem-solving skills, ready to work in a fast paced, high volume office. This position involves a high degree of interaction with faculty, staff, and students at all levels of the organization. The ability to organize, track/gather and interpret data, prioritize, and be flexible is invaluable. This person will be the primary PCard holder and purchasing agent for the department, one of departmental timekeepers, and will also be responsible for processing reimbursements for travel and goods, among other duties as assigned.
A successful applicant will have the knowledge and the ability to interpret and enforce UNM policies and procedures to faculty and staff and perform basic accounting functions in Banner, Lobomart, and Chrome River. This position also directly supports the department Chair and Department Administrator. Assists with the organization, and planning of departmental meetings, social events, planning and organizing department conferences.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Answers department phones, sorts mail, greets visitors to the department and center
- Process departmental copy and printing requests
- Enter Payroll and all associated required forms. One of two department payroll Time Keepers
- Hire student employees.
- Serve as support to Department Chair, Department Administrator, Accountant III, and Accountant II
- Process departmental purchases using either Pcard or requisition.
- Process reimbursements using Chrome River
- Assists with the planning and organization of department meetings, seminars, and conferences. This may include ordering food, sending invitations, scheduling meeting rooms.
- Other duties as assigned
This is a potential temp-to-regular opportunity, subject to the selected candidate’s performance throughout the temporary assignment, in addition to the business needs of the hiring department.
Days & Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Start Date: 8/26/19
Projected End Date: 11/25/19
Parking Arrangements: Responsibility of the selected employee
UNMTemps provides staffing solutions to UNM departments requesting temporary employees as positions become available due to a vacancy, when regular employees are absent, for peak work periods, and for special events. As such, UNMTemps assignments/positions may end with little or no advance notice.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· 2-3 years’ experience working in an administrative support position
· Prior Corporate Credit Card experience
· Experience in Banner Finance.
· Experience in Chrome River expense processing.
· Familiarity with UNM accounting, policies and procedures
· Ability to complete student hire requests
· Ability to complete Student EPAN & EPAF
· Experience with payroll data entry
· Ability to research, collect, analyze and compile data
· Proficiency using MS Excel, and MS Access
· The successful candidate should also demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, student success, and working with broadly diverse communities
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Civil Engineering (456A)|
|Staff Type||Temporary - Full-Time|
|Pay||$10.23-15.35 / HR|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||8/19/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please attach a resume, cover letter, and 3 supervisory references.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.