Admin Assistant 3 - req# 10650
Admin Assistant 3
|Working Title||Admin Assistant 3|
The UNM Center for Global Health, within the Department of Internal Medicine, is a global leader in infectious disease research, training future generations of global health researchers, through integration of research and training between Centers in the US and developing nations.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for an Administrative Assistant III position to support the activities of the Center. This individual should be skilled at working both independently and within the context of diverse international faculty and scholars. The position would include but not be limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
The Department of Internal Medicine is a large, progressive department with a diverse staff working in dedicated teams to provide quality work in an organized, effective and efficient manner through innovation, training, and education. Through our collaborative work effort, we support the faculty and enhance the missions of the department, school, Health Sciences Center and University.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Prefer to work independently with limited supervision.
· Experience in analyzing and preparing data, and generating reports.
· Proficiency in using Outlook, including managing multiple calendars.
· Strong background in P-Card transactions, financial reconciliation and tracking expenditures.
· Ability to problem solve and possess excellent communication and time management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and individuals from the international community.
· Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, international travel, and special events.
· Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
· Excellent writing and editorial skills.
· Skilled in use of personal computers and software applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
· Skilled in managing priorities among multiple tasks with multiple investigators.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to lead and train staff and/or student employees.
|Additional Requirements||Must be available to work early Wednesday mornings for weekly conferences.|
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IM Global Health (852U)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$11.25/HR - $16.88/HR DOE|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/30/2019|
|Application Instructions||A complete application includes:|
1)Cover Letter detailing your directly related experience and how meet the preferred qualifications of this posting
2)Resume- please include whether previous jobs listed were full time or part time positions (If part time, please include amount of hours worked each week). Also include month and year for start and end dates for each job listed.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.