Admin Assistant to the Dean - req# 14416
Admin Assistant to the Dean
|Working Title||Admin Assistant to the Dean|
School of Engineering - Dean’s Office
Administrative Assistant to the Dean
Are you outgoing, confident and professional in all you do? The School of Engineering Dean’s Office is seeking an experienced assistant to run an executive and confidential office, reporting to the Academic Operations Officer. You will manage schedules and support three busy Deans and their support staff, organize and coordinate meetings, and perform a wide range of support services for a confidential office. If you are a strong and experienced career assistant with significant skills in office support, calendaring, meeting planning and coordination, and you are looking for a rewarding and positive work environment, then you may be interested in joining our team.
This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle confidential matters discretely. It is a front office position, and we are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills and the ability to represent the Dean’s Office in a friendly, professional manner. We are a high profile office with many visitors from students, to Deans, to the Provost as well as Legislators and International executives. Initiative and follow-through are a must.
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Your cover letter should address your experience and career goals as an assistant to an executive. Please also describe how you incorporate initiative into your work. Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Bachelors Degree (Any area. Business or Arts & Sciences discipline preferred)
· Prior administrative assistant experience for an executive in academia or high-tech
· Experience coordinating and calendaring complex meetings for high level executives
· Customer service and phone etiquette knowledge and experience
· Grammar proficiency
· Knowledge of business and office etiquette and ability to keep matters confidential
· Experience composing business correspondence and taking minutes
· Proficiency in MS office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook
· Successful Experience: creating purchase orders; preparing reimbursements for travel or goods; with a corporate credit card; with UNM’s Banner and Lobo Web systems for procurement; with basic bookkeeping
· Event planning experience coordinating small (2-10 people) to large (50 to 400 people) events, with possible complex agendas and heavy catering
· Ability to: work independently; work as a member of a team; take initiative
· Ability to learn and execute with a high degree of accuracy: meeting minutes; document editing; and Excel spreadsheet manipulation with mail merge
· A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||SOE Deans Office (052A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$14.09/hr to $20.43 Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/14/2021|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Your cover letter should address your experience and career goals as an assistant to an executive. Please also describe how you incorporate initiative into your work. Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.