Administrative Coordinator - req# 10870
|Working Title||Administrative Coordinator|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT) is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to join the IT Business Operations team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, customer-oriented, detail-oriented, and dedicated to continuous process improvement. The Administrative Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to all IT employees and provides scheduling/calendar support services, is responsible for making travel arrangements for IT staff, assists with event planning, coordinating the daily management of supplies and onboarding processes, assists with purchasing via pcard and LoboMart, and works with constituents from around campus (internal and external) in support of IT functions. In addition to providing ongoing IT Leadership level administrative support, this position will also participate in improving business processes within IT, including onboarding processes and student employment hiring processes. This position requires a highly responsible and organized person who is able to anticipate and support the needs of IT. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization, analytical, administrative, and customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the IT Leadership team calendars along with managing the central scheduling request process. Responsible for making travel arrangements for conferences and events, including expense tracking for each Director unit and reporting against fiscal year pre-approved travel plans.
2. Serve as IT's administrative liaison to various core offices on campus for IT Director scheduling needs and interfaces routinely with other administrative staff members within UNM and external customers with discretion.
3. Serves as LoboTime Manager for multiple IT Director orgs - answers payroll and timecard questions, ensures payroll is completed in timely manner for non-exempt and exempt employees.
4. Serves as Chrome River Champion for IT departments - responsible for relaying important Chrome River information and reporting issues to core business areas as appropriate.
5. Working closely with IT HR, updates HR process documentation, including organization charts on a monthly basis, updates onboarding documentation, and welcome handbook for new IT employees. Assists with monthly IT orientation process.
6. Maintains UNM IT travel/training plans and works with IT Director areas to monitor budget report on actuals/projections.
7. Will assist in streamlining student employment hires and will be responsible for submitting student employment transactions for various IT Director organizations that employ a large number of students, including IT Academic Technologies.
8. Work with Community Program and Strategic Initiatives team in providing support for CIO’s outreach activities and special projects.
9. Support Office of the CIO by taking minutes at Executive level meetings when necessary and acting as backup to CIO Executive Assistant.
10. The Administrative Coordinator will serve as the main point of contact for IT building facility needs, including oversight of work orders submitted to PPD and will serve as Liaison between PPD and PDC. Will be responsible for updating FAMIS with IT space updates.
11. Assist Fiscal Services Tech with conducting annual inventory of IT equipment.
12. Assist with procurement of IT purchases.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to effectively interact with IT employees and IT customers, internal and external to UNM.
2. Experience working in a University environment.
3. Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
4. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
5. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
6. Experience with UNM purchasing policies and procedures, including PCard and travel reimbursement.
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, and email distribution lists.
8. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Business Operations (318A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$13.62 to $20.43|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/21/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.