Administrative Coordinator - req# 11409
|Working Title||Administrative Coordinator|
The New Mexico Tumor Registry (NMTR) is a population-based cancer registry that has served New Mexico since 1966. The NMTR gathers, maintains, analyzes, and disseminates cancer surveillance data and supports scientific investigations of cancer. The NMTR is a division of the Cancer Control Program at the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center (UNMCCC). The NMTR is a founding member of the National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program and we have been continuously funded by the SEER Program since 1973. Data collected by NMTR is routinely used to document and track trends in cancer occurrence and care, support scientific research and inform about public health policy.
The NMTR is seeking a skilled Administrative Coordinator who coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative, financial, and program support activities on behalf of the NMTR Director. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies, often on complex and confidential issues. Coordinates the provision of office and staff support services to the office, and oversees and/or participates in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and/or events.
The selected candidate will:
· Provide direct support to the NMTR Director/Principal Investigator: Manage calendars, screen phone calls, arrange travel, draft and edit Director and Registry correspondence, draft meeting agendas and maintain meeting minutes, assist with report preparation and document maintenance.
· Gather, organize and maintain supporting documentation for all NMTR financial transactions, including invoices to funding agency. Includes, reviewing and correcting subcontractor invoices as needed for the Cherokee Nation Cancer Registry and the Alaska Native Tumor Registry.
· Assist NMTR staff with travel arrangements, purchasing and reimbursements. Maintain travel records.
· In consultation with the Business Manager, be responsible for all purchasing activities: Purchase merchandise in Lobomart and through external vendors. Pcard allocation through Chrome River. Receive merchandise and update internal records as necessary.
· Monitor and track financial activity in various NMTR indices; provide Business Manager with financial reports as necessary and assist in any needed budgetary preparation.
· Assist the Business Manager in maintaining Human Resources personnel records and related tasks.
· Serve as the Director’s and the Registry’s primary point of contact for administrative matters with the funding agency (NCI/SEER), professional organizations such as the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, the International Association of Cancer Registries and the National Cancer Registrars Association, organize staff meetings, prepare meeting materials, take and distribute minutes from meetings; track agenda items and follow-up for the Registry leadership committee.
· With minimal supervision, organize various special office projects, such as office relocations, file scanning projects, etc. Responsible for coordinating all maintenance requests for the office.
· Assist in preparing and submitting grant and contract proposals to NCI/SEER and other funding agencies; document cost estimates; assist in budget preparation
· Work with the Business Manager and the Information Technology (IT) director to maintain the NMTR equipment inventory. Enter new inventory in the department’s database. Maintain records of equipment location, user and condition. Assist with preparing inventory reports to the funding agency and others, as requested.
· Maintain records that document completion of UNM and NMTR required training and communicate training requirements to staff and their supervisors.
· Provide administrative support to all sections of the NMTR as required.
· Be responsible for general office support, including maintaining supplies; coordinating maintenance requests; preparing shipments via express couriers (e.g., FedEx); sending and distributing mail; maintaining copier and printing supplies and tabulating/reporting monthly copier use; running errands; perform copying and scanning tasks.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. Its 125 board-certified oncology specialty physicians include cancer surgeons in every specialty (abdominal, thoracic, bone and soft tissue, neurosurgery, genitourinary, gynecology, and head and neck cancers), adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists. They, along with more than 500 other cancer healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, navigators, psychologists and social workers), provided cancer care for nearly 60 percent of the adults and children in New Mexico affected by cancer. They treated 11,249 patients in 84,875 ambulatory clinic visits in addition to in-patient hospitalizations at UNM Hospital. These patients came from every county in the State. More than 12 percent of these patients participated in cancer clinical trials testing new cancer treatments and 35 percent of patients participated in other clinical research studies, including tests of novel cancer prevention strategies and cancer genome sequencing. The 130 cancer research scientists affiliated with the UNMCCC were awarded almost $60 million in federal and private grants and contracts for cancer research projects and published 301 high quality publications. Promoting economic development, they filed more than 30 new patents in FY16, and since 2010, have launched 11 new biotechnology start-up companies. Scientists associated with the UNMCCC Cancer Control & Disparities have conducted more than 60 statewide community-based cancer education, prevention, screening, and behavioral intervention studies involving more than 10,000 New Mexicans. Finally, the physicians, scientists and staff have provided education and training experiences to more than 230 high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral fellowship students in cancer research and cancer health care delivery. Learn more at http://cancer.unm.edu.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Experience working in a HIPAA-compliant environment and with confidential information.
· Experience with financial, travel and purchasing policies and procedures of the University of New Mexico.
· Experience with LoboMart, LoboWeb, and Chrome River in Pcard use, reconciliation and policy and procedure.
· Experience making travel arrangements and processing staff reimbursements.
· Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures
· Experience maintaining a calendar, scheduling and coordinating meetings.
· Ability to serve as a liaison in a highly professional manner with other University offices and outside organizations.
· Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Experience supporting management-level personnel.
· Moderate to high level skills using Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Powerpoint. Experience maintaining detailed records.
· Experience doing data entry and printing reports.
· Ability to write professionally and clearly.
· Ability to work both cooperatively and independently
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CRTC New Mexico Tumor Registry NMTR (099N)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||1 year from date of hire|
|Pay||$13.62 - $20.43|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/2/2019|
|Application Instructions||APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.