Administrative Coordinator - req# 7020
|Working Title||Administrative Coordinator|
Candidate will perform a variety of high level administrative support duties for the Cancer Control and Population Sciences unit within the UNM Cancer Center. This position will require extensive organizational skills and team effort as the liaison for this unit. Accuracy to detail will be needed for extensive faculty recruitment, scheduling consultation meetings for faculty, search committee arrangements and scheduling, purchasing, specialized recordkeeping, database management, travel and itinerary facilitation and extensive calendar scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides a high level of administrative support such as interfacing with faculty member in the unit related to faculty recruitment, purchasing, travel and resolving problems and inquiries of visitors. Strong communication skills, as well as excellent telephone etiquette, and a high level of recall skills is a must.
2. This position will require the handling of confidential information, which requires discretion, diplomacy, integrity and trustworthiness.
3. Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries
4. Provides assistance with staff searches, as appropriate, to include logging employment applications; preparing applicant acknowledgements and interview documents, coordinating interview logistics, and coordinating search documentation; coordination of meeting rooms, catering, and travel
5. Managing both Biostatistics and Cancer Control director’s daily schedule & calendar, being able to adapt to last minute changes, arranges conference calls; and conducts meeting polls.
6. Coordinate travel reservations, itineraries, and travel reimbursements following UNM procurement policies and procedures
7. Monitor, reconcile and assist with purchasing and use of UNM P-card for the acquisition of supplies, memberships and participant incentives; reconcile purchasing documentation using electronic filing system and CCRA purchasing database
8. Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and being able to follow through on issues in a timely manner.
9. The position requires high attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate the needs of faculty and staff.
10. Will provide administrative coverage for other units as needed.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. Its 125 board-certified oncology specialty physicians include cancer surgeons in every specialty (abdominal, thoracic, bone and soft tissue, neurosurgery, genitourinary, gynecology, and head and neck cancers), adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists. They, along with more than 500 other cancer healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, navigators, psychologists and social workers), provided cancer care for nearly 60 percent of the adults and children in New Mexico affected by cancer. They treated 11,249 patients in 84,875 ambulatory clinic visits in addition to in-patient hospitalizations at UNM Hospital. These patients came from every county in the State. More than 12 percent of these patients participated in cancer clinical trials testing new cancer treatments and 35 percent of patients participated in other clinical research studies, including tests of novel cancer prevention strategies and cancer genome sequencing. The 130 cancer research scientists affiliated with the UNMCCC were awarded almost $60 million in federal and private grants and contracts for cancer research projects and published 301 high quality publications. Promoting economic development, they filed more than 30 new patents in FY16, and since 2010, have launched 11 new biotechnology start-up companies. Scientists associated with the UNMCCC Cancer Control & Disparities have conducted more than 60 statewide community-based cancer education, prevention, screening, and behavioral intervention studies involving more than 10,000 New Mexicans. Finally, the physicians, scientists and staff have provided education and training experiences to more than 230 high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral fellowship students in cancer research and cancer health care delivery. Learn more at http://cancer.unm.edu.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Able to create, compose, and edit written materials.
2. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
3. Database and records management skills.
4. Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
5. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
6. Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, prepare conference rooms, including supplies and lunches upon request.
7. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
8. Experience with UNM purchasing policies and procedures with regard to DPEZ’s, PCard and travel.
9. Experience with Banner and My Reports; UNM Financial Systems.
10. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications - All MS Office Programs, Adobe Pro, and Endnote.
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Research Administration (099K)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||1 year from date of hire|
|Pay||$13.62 - $20.43|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/5/2018|
|Application Instructions||APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.