Assistant Professor in Elementary K-8 Science Education - req# 10928
Assistant Professor in Elementary K-8 Science Education
|Hiring Department||Dept Teacher Ed, Ed Lead & Policy (795A)|
|Academic Location||College of Education|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
TheDepartment of Teacher Education, Educational Leadership, and Policy (TEELP) atthe UNM College of Education, invites applicationsfor an Assistant Professor in K-8 Education with a focus in Science beginningAugust 2020.
Thesuccessful candidate will be expected to teach courses in science methods andteaching/learning/teacher education at both the undergraduate and graduatelevels, and provide advisement to undergraduate and graduate students. Inaddition to other professional service, the candidate will participate in elementaryadmissions and assessments/evaluations, and contribute to overall programdevelopment. Finally, the candidate is expected to maintain an active researchagenda, as broadly defined in our department and university.
· Earned doctorate in education or related field with a focus in science education by August 2020
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching science in grades K-8
· Five (5) years of successful teaching experience in K-8 schools in the U.S. working with culturally and linguistically diverse student populations (i.e., Native American, Hispanic)
· Evidence of excellence or the potential for excellence in teaching undergraduate and graduate students in the field of teacher education
· Evidence of excellence or the potential for excellence in scholarly research
· Evidence of successful post-secondary online instruction and/or willingness to teach online
· Experience working with schools and communities, locally, statewide, nationally, and/or internationally
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
|Application Instructions||To apply, please submit the following materials: 1. Cover Letter indicating how your education and experience satisfies the minimum and preferred qualifications criteria described above. 2. Curriculum Vitae3. Names and contact information of three individuals who can provide a professional reference.4. Unofficial copies of transcripts from highest degree and content area. |
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 12/1/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.