Assistant Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology - req# 11874
Assistant Professor of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
|Hiring Department||Molecular Genetics Microbiology (564A)|
|Academic Location||School of Medicine|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
The Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology (MGM) at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine (http://mgm.unm.edu/index.html) is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor with expertise in basic and/or translational research to contribute to the scientific areas of interest within the department:
Areas of interest that synergize with current MGM research include:
· Basic mechanisms of immune responses
· Immunometabolism and its intersections with autophagy and inflammation
· Vaccine development and other immunotherapeutic approaches
The successful candidate will benefit from the exceptional opportunities for synergy and interaction with the NIH funded Autophagy, Inflammation, and Metabolism (AIM) Center for Biomedical Research Excellence (https://www.autophagy.center/) and UNM HSC Signature Programs (https://hsc.unm.edu/research/research-centers/signature-research-programs/index.html).
Appointment will be in the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, at teh rank of Assistant Professor. The successful applicant will develop a research program and participate in departmental activities including medical and graduate school teaching and mentoring.
* Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent
* Eligible to work in the United States
* Strong record of scientific accomplishments aligned with scientific interests of the department.
* Potential for achieving R01 funding.
* Publications and training record.
* Potential for research and educational interactions with members of the Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology.
* Synergy with other research programs and departments within University of New Mexico in including the Autophagy, Inflammation and Metabolism (AIM) Center for Infectious Disease and Immunity
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Please include the following: CV, Cover letter, Research Statement and List of References.For additional information, you may contact Sally Ann Garcia, Search Coordinator, (505) 272-9374,
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 5/1/2020. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.