Cashier (UNMTemps) - req# 11427
|Working Title||Cashier (UNMTemps)|
The University of New Mexico Bookstore is seeking temporary cashiers to assist customers preparing for the upcoming Spring Semester.
· Receives and records cash and charge payments. May process financial aid disbursements. Balances cash receipts against register tape on a daily basis.
· Ability to work on a cash register and checkout environment in a large college bookstore while interacting with hundreds of customers
· Receives a variety of payments, verifies and posts to appropriate accounts, and issues receipt
· Assists individuals in the accurate application of their transactions and, when necessary, researches records on electronic and other available files to provide information regarding financial status.
· Provides information to patrons regarding pertinent policies and procedures related to cash and cash-related transactions; directs patrons to proper Bookstore departments or UNM offices, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier.
· Maintains confidentiality of university and student records.
· Maintains accurate and complete receipt documents in an organized manner.
· Projects currency and coin requirements and reorders as necessary.
· Assists customers who set off pedestal alarm in a friendly and professional manner.
· Verifies order information and hands out in-store pick-up web orders.
· Ability to stand for most of the shift.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Days & Hours:
Must have availability of a minimum of 6 consecutive hours on January 21 & 22 for the first 2 days of classes. Absolutely no exceptions.
Must attend in-store orientation and training Friday, January 10, 2019 from 9am-5pm. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Employee will be scheduled for multiple shifts during peak business hours of M-F, 8am-7pm and/or weekends hours typically of 9am-5pm, depending on business needs and Bookstore business hours for that week which may vary. Typical shifts will be 6 hours, but shifts could vary from 4-8 hours per day depending on business needs.
- Scheduling will be based on employee's written availability with 3 important non-negotiable required working days: The employee must attend orientation in the Bookstore, and the employee must have an availability of at least 6 consecutive hours on each day of January 21 & 22, our 2 busiest days of the spring semester (we will accommodate various schedules if this requirement is met but will give preference to open availabilities).
- Assignment may end without notice before January 31, depending on the Bookstore's needs and employee's performance.
Projected Start Date: 1/10/2020
Projected End Date: 1/31/2020
Parking Arrangements: Responsibility of the selected employee
UNMTemps provides staffing solutions to UNM departments requesting temporary employees as positions become available due to a vacancy, when regular employees are absent, for peak work periods, and for special events. As such, UNMTemps assignments/positions may end with little or no advance notice.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Bookstore Main Campus (219A)|
|Staff Type||Temporary - Part-Time|
|Pay||$9.04 / HR|
|Benefits Eligible||This is not a benefits eligible position.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/25/2019|
|Application Instructions||Attach a current resume detailing your experience and how it applies to the position.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.