Community-Based Research Specialist - req# 12176
Community-Based Resrch Splst
|Working Title||Community-Based Research Specialist|
The Department of Family & Community Medicine at the University of New Mexico seeks a highly motivated team player to join the Research Management Team to assist with pilot study funded through a grant from Kaiser.
The Community-Based Research Specialist will be a full-time person that can dedicate time to the items below along with being a consistent face in the project team at UNM coordinating with both main campus and Health Science Center (HSC) departments.
This individual will:
· Attend the multiple team meetings in New Mexico and joint team meetings with UNM and Kaiser Washington
· Coordinate the meetings on Zoom, take and transcribe meeting minutes, purchase project supplies and materials
· Support the needs of the project manager so they can delegate tasks to concentrate on the multi-site IRB, data sharing agreements with multiple data partners across the state and UNM legal, service agreement with clinics, and compliance.
· Will work with manager to guide, and train staff/student employees or volunteers performing related work as well as participate in the recruitment and tracking of volunteers for research study.
· Assist team with presentation for Kaiser and the funding agency as outlined in the scope of work and research proposal.
· Participates in cataloging and other research collections activities, as appropriate, dependent upon the overall objectives of the study. Establishes and maintains community relationships through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Family Community Medicine FCM (160B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||1 year from date of hire|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/3/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Please submit cover letter and resume
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.