Coord,Education Support - req# 7067
|Working Title||Coord,Education Support|
UNM Taos seeks a veteran to serve as a full-time Coordinator of Education Support for the Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) Program. VUB aims to help veterans transition seamlessly from the military into academic settings, improving their chances of successfully completing post-secondary education. VUB
VUB is the only program of its kind in the state of New Mexico and serves multiple northern counties. Our new VUB Coordinator of Education Support will recruit and provide Instruction to students in these counties. Successful candidate will have strong academic skills to support students to test into college-level English and math courses at academic institutions around the state.
Frequent travel in northern New Mexico is required. Strong interpersonal and math skills
1. Assists with the design, implementation, and delivery of math and English curricula and course materials for Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) students.
2. Writes, edits, and coordinates development of VUB course schedules (intensive classes not semester long), promotional materials, and educational materials.
3. Schedules, organizes, and facilitates the delivery of pre-college level math and English curriculum and other educational programming. Presents established curriculum to VUB students.
4. Develops and maintains records and databases on services provided and student educational progress.
5. Recruits students to the VUB program; coordinates student registration/intake and assessment.
6. Coordinates space and facilities usage as appropriate to overall VUB curriculum/course requirements.
7. Performs or oversees clerical and administrative support tasks, including answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of staff, faculty, students, and visitors, reviewing and organizing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
8. Collects and analyzes data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information in support of VUB interim and annual performance reports.
9. Travel to other relevant community venues in support of curricular activities and recruitment.
|Conditions of Employment|
High School diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Bachelor's degree
· Experience teaching higher level English and math
· Valid driver's license and vehicle
· Skill in the use of computers including Windows/Microsoft software
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
|Additional Requirements||Frequent travel in northern New Mexico is required. Strong interpersonal and math skills are essential.Valid driver's license and vehicle required|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||09/30/2019|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/23/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please attached the following required documents to your application materials. 1. Cover Letter- In your cover letter please describe in detail, how you meet the preferred qualifications posted for this position. 2. Resume 3. Three previous supervisory references with contact information.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.