Coord,Research - req# 11249
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center (UNMHSC) Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) is seeking a bi-lingual, detail-oriented, results-driven individual to join our team as a Clinical Research Coordinator.
The mission of the UNMHSC CTSC is committed to bettering health by streamlining science, transforming training environments, and improving the conduct, quality, and dissemination of research from laboratories to clinical practice, and out into the community.
In general, the ideal candidate for the CTSC Research Coordinator position will have experience coordinating clinical trials with all populations, including Hispanic and/or Native American communities. This includes completing IRB submissions (local and external), patient recruitment and retention, and data collection and maintenance. This candidate will also have a firm understanding of good clinical practices in conducting research, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of university and community stakeholders. Depending on the study, these stakeholders might include: health care providers, funding agencies, university researchers, and media representatives.
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
· Ability to speak Spanish and English fluently.
· Ability to travel 20% of the time in New Mexico, up to a week at a time.
· Ability to draw and process blood from pediatric patients Ability to effectively adapt to changing priorities.
· Ability to effectively provide support for a variety of research project types.
· Ability to effectively multitask.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Experience working with Hispanic and/or Native American communities.
· Firm understanding of good clinical practices in conducting research, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of university and community stakeholder
Specific duties will include:
· Coordinating the research study in accordance with established study protocols and in accordance with federal, local, and institutional policies and guidelines for clinical trials and community-based research.
· Recruitment, enrollment, and scheduling of research subjects.
· Developing and maintaining record keeping systems and procedures.
· Experience with local IRB and external IRB (WIRB) Applications and submissions.
· Drawing and processing blood from geriatric, pediatric, and all patients will be required for some studies.
TERM APPOINTMENT; FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH 03/31/2020; CONTINUANCE BEYOND THAT DATE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF ADDITIONAL FUNDING. The CTSC is a grant funded facility.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Experience in: (Must be detailed in your resume)
· Able to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English fluently
· Willing to travel 20% of the time in New Mexico
· Ability to draw and process blood (experience and/or training)
· Experience interacting with members of a multi-disciplinary research team
· Use and understanding of medical terminology.
· Preparing applications and other documents for submission to an Institutional Review Board (IRB) or direct experience in IRB Administration.
· Recruiting patients to participate in research studies.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CTSC Administration Gen (672B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||03/31/2020|
|Pay||$13.62 - $18.92 (HOURLY)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/11/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume, Cover Letter, 3 supervisor references - All 3 must be attached to be considered for position|
|Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details. |
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.