Core IT Svcs Splst - req# 6552
Core IT Svcs Splst
|Working Title||Core IT Svcs Splst|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT) is seeking a Systems Specialist, to work in a strong team environment, to provide systems management of enterprise level with concentration and focus on virtual infrastructure including VMWare vSphere vCenter, vRA, deployment of private and hybrid cloud services for VCloud Air, AWS, VDI, VMware Cloud Services, NSX, storage integration, DNS and F5 services and Datacenter responsibilities. The successful applicant will have an in-depth knowledge of VMware VSphere/VCenter system management, troubleshooting, and administration. Job duties and responsibilities will include the deployment, maintenance, continuity, and integrity of the VMware infrastructure and integrated systems. A strong basic understanding of networking principles and familiarity with VMware NSX along with general knowledge of vCAC, VDI, Hybrid cloud services, Linux server, Windows server, storage and backup services and Datacenter maintenance knowledge related to power, heating and cooling (i.e. Datacenter environmentals).
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Systems management and administration of F5, DNS, Storage systems, VMware Virtualization infrastructure services.
2. Resolve technical client service requests typical of F5, DNS, Storage, and VMware Systems administration in an enterprise environment.
3. In depth, detailed, documentation of information architectures, applications and processes.
4. End-to-end troubleshooting of F5 LTM, ASM, and APM.
5. End-to-end troubleshooting of enterprise level DNS including internal and external records, and Dynamic DNS.
6. End-to-end troubleshooting of VMware products such as VCloud Air, AWS, VDI, VMware Cloud Services, operating systems, and storage.
7. Provide on-call support for the UNM IT-Platforms Systems Group.
8. Take direction from IT Manager and other Systems Specialists on a wide variety of system administration projects and tasks.
9. Support and perform defined tasks in a VMware virtual environment. Datacenter Responsibilities
10. Knowledge of electrical power requirements for computing resources Knowledge of environmental (humidity, temperature, etc.) in regards to computing and network resources. Installation/demise of hardware, cabling, and racks Response to emergencies such as water leaks, fire, power outages, etc.
11. Storage System Responsibilities Experience with planning and maintenance of the storage hardware and software. Estimate/monitor storage growth. Create Virtual Storage Machines (SVMs) for CIFS, NFS and ISCSI. Create logical network interfaces (lifs), aggregates, volumes, etc. NetAPP experience highly recommended.
Other desired skillsets, knowledge, and abilities.
1. Demonstrated examples of successful team leadership.
2. Experience maintaining web based reports and dashboards.
3. Experience with CommVault or other enterprise backups systems.
4. Bash, Perl, SOAP, REST and PowerShell scripting.
5. VMware Administration certifications a Plus
6. Experience using commercial or open source monitoring applications.
7. Networking services and protocol concepts.
8 .Datacenter Responsibilities. Knowledge of electrical power requirements for computing resources. Knowledge of environmental (humidity) temperature, etc.) in regards to computing and network resources. Installation/demise of hardware, cabling, and racks. Response to emergencies such as water leaks, fire, power outages, etc.
9. Storage System Responsibilities
10. Perform firmware updates on UCS components (Fabric Interconnect, Blades, etc) and Dell Servers. Perform add/modify/delete UCS templates and profiles. Perform diagnostics on UCS components and Dell Servers. Fix issues and improve performance with the non-compute environment such as networking,11. CommVault Backup System Responsibilities. Responsible CommVault services operations and improvements. Plan software updates to CommVault services. Provide 3rd level support to IT platforms and some IT campus groups. Interact with customers to create new backup policies.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. Bachelor's degree in IT or related field.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Computing Platforms (322A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$5687.64 to $6733.34 monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/8/2018|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.