Database Administrator - req# 11029
Systems/Network Analyst 2
|Working Title||Database Administrator|
The University of New Mexico (UNM) has two full-time Systems/Network Analyst 2 (Database Administrator) openings on the Albuquerque Main Campus. The position will be part of the UNM IT Computing Platforms - Database Team. Primary responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, patch, monitor and manage Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Set up backups and perform recoveries for Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Apply upgrades and patches to the Banner ERP application and other third-party applications.
- Work closely with IT Applications staff to implement and support software solutions.
- Document and make recommendations for support and service delivery improvements.
- Consult with Departments across campus as requested on database questions.
- Refresh test databases to facilitate user testing.
- Work closely with Systems and Applications staff to troubleshoot and help resolve problems.
- Provide after-hours on-call support.
The successful candidate will demonstrate skills and knowledge in some of the following - Oracle 12c databases; SQL Server; Linux; database backup, recovery, monitoring and diagnostics; and Banner ERP. This position requires on-call work and flexibility to work occasional overtime, nights and/or weekends.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
· Database support experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to collaborate across multiple groups to complete project assignments.
· Ability to perform problem resolution and on-call support for database services.
· Flexibility to work nights and/or weekends, as needed for upgrades and maintenance.
· Oracle 12c database installation, configuration, support, and monitoring experience.
· SQL Server 2012/2014/2016/2017 installation, configuration and support experience.
· SQL*Plus and PL/SQL knowledge.
· Oracle and SQL Server database backup and recovery.
· Oracle database performance tuning.
· Linux command line and scripting skills.
· Windows PowerShell and WMI skills.
· ITIL certification a plus.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Computing Platforms (322A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3434.31 to $5000.00|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/4/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.