Database Des & Analysis Mgr - req# 6933
Database Des & Analysis Mgr
|Working Title||Database Des & Analysis Mgr|
The Center for Development and Disability (CDD), established in 1990, is New Mexico's University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service. These centers, authorized by the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, build the capacities of states and communities to respond to the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
The CDD is seeking a skilled professional to provide data reporting expertise to develop and implement data management strategies for the CDD to simplify data collection and reporting and to facilitate sharing. This position will join the Technology Services team and will require strong technical, communication, and organizational skills.
This position will:
- Define, develop and drive data management strategies and the design of relational databases for divisions and programs at the CDD and funding agencies as required by contract. Ensure reporting requirements are met based on scopes of work and align reporting with overall reporting requirements for the CDD.
- Ensure that reporting deadlines are met and that data is accurate. Work with program leads on a regular basis to discuss program performance based on data collected. Identify areas to investigate further for improvement. Identify where there are gaps in data collection and define corrective action plans.
- Act as primary point of contact and liaison for data systems mandated for use under contract. Train data system users, ensure proper data collection and work with program/project leads to develop strategies to keep in compliance from a data collection and reporting perspective.
- Analyze data and run routine and ad hoc reports as requested and as defined in the overall data management strategy.
- Document data system use and reporting. Maintain data dictionaries for each data system hosted at the CDD.
Specific supported technologies include; Microsoft Server, IIS, ASP.Net, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Access.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
**Be sure to address our preferred qualifications below in your cover letter**
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Pediatrics Center for Development (997H)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2019|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/29/2018|
|Application Instructions||To be considered for this position: * Complete the official application; be sure to include all prior work experience and hours worked per week. * Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References.* Attach your Cover Letter that addresses our Preferred Qualifications.Incomplete Applications may not be considered.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.