Deputy Director - req# 10960
Exec Research Ops Officer/Div
|Working Title||Deputy Director|
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center’s Office of Research is seeking a highly motivated, goal-driven professional with proven leadership skills to join our team as the Deputy Director to the Executive Director. The duties and responsibilities of this position are:
1. Provides leadership and coordination in the development of HSC Office of Research processes and control procedures to ensure that the conduct and review of research is in compliance with federal regulations.
2. Evaluates statistics and metrics to identify trends, existing and/or developing problems related to compliance; makes recommendations on corrective actions plans or programs designed to address identified problems.
3. Assists in developing and preparing and maintaining monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports. Assists in facilitating the processing and resolution of formal and informal accusations of research misconduct. Files appropriate reports with regulatory agencies.
4. Provides training, advice and guidance to HSC Compliance Units on the interpretation and application of institutional and HSC Office of Research policies, practices, and procedures related to local, state and federal regulations. Disseminates written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
5. Assists in conducting periodic internal reviews or audits of HSC Compliance Units to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; analyzes, and submits required statistical reports regarding compliance activities.
6. Identifieseducational needs of researchers, based on audit data and other information;oversees the development and delivery of targeted training programs andmaterials based on audit results, as well as on changes to legislative,statutory, and/or University requirements.
7. Designs, develops, implements, evaluates, and modifies technical and administrative review processes and internal research auditing policies, protocols, systems, and procedures, in accordance with government and University mandates.
8. Works with appropriate internal resources to analyze data and prepare and present audit reports and summaries, and provide feedback to the Institutional Official/Designee, researchers; Assists in supervising compliance personnel within the HSC Office of Research, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions to the Executive Director; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||HSC O/R General Administration (189B)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$5,687.64 up to $10,000 Monthly/DOE|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date|
|Application Instructions||Cover letter, resume and 3 supervisor references - All 3 must be attached to be considered for position|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.