Dir,Core IT Svcs - req# 12180
Dir,Core IT Svcs
|Working Title||Dir,Core IT Svcs|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies seeks a Director of Information Technology to lead its enterprise data and voice networking unit, develop the unit, and craft and implement a strategic and holistic network vision that meets the current and future needs of a large, diverse, academic and research institution of higher education.
Experience in higher education IT management is highly preferred. The salary range is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
· Work closely with the Deputy Chief Information Officer in setting the operational work plan for the IT Networking Unit including allocation of human, technical, and financial resources
· Direct the design of a centrally managed, stable, secure up to date data transport infrastructure that is compliant with industry best practices, and that has fault tolerant redundancy
· Promote a customer-oriented unit focused on quality of service, efficiencies and working across UNM IT units to ensure the success of departmental objectives
· Provide operational oversight of the IT Networking Unit, which includes: Analog, digital and VoIP dial tone telephone repair service, long distance, and voicemail, video and audio conferencing, Network cable plant, data networking, wireless, WAN, safety cameras, fire and electronic security systems, campus emergency phones and emergency University communication systems
· Direct the implementation of system upgrades and enhancements
· Provide for consistency and maintainability when creating and enforcing IT Networking policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards
· Ensure that disaster recovery plans are maintained and that technical risks are managed
· Engage with and lead state-wide, regional and national network Directors to stay abreast of cyber infrastructure improvements and incorporate network best practices into UNM's IT environment
· Oversee the relationship with external vendors to assure best pricing, service options, and quality delivery of services
· Direct the enforcement of security policies created by the Information Security Office.
· Direct the development of the IT Networks annual Budget, forecasts costs of goods and services, coordinates the purchase of goods and service
· Communicate technology challenges and goals to an executive audience
· Develops and maintains positive, inclusive, and collaborative team relationships
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Master’s degree and experience in leading an institution of higher education's IT networking unit
1.b. Experience managing IT network services in a distributed environment
2. Experience with HIPPA and PCI compliance
3. Unified messaging experience
4. Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM, IIS and SQL, Clustering and SAN technologies
5. Cisco (CCDP) certified, ITIL certified, PMI certified
6. LTE private network implementation
7. Video experience, especially IP video applications and CCTV/video surveillance
8. Experience with fire alarms and electronic security systems, their technology and the
9. Experience with NEC or large telephony systems that include a significant percentage of VoIP (>10,000 connections)
10. Experience with data center and virtual infrastructure environments
11. Experience with network virtualization technology (SDN)
12. Experience with designing and implementing network security technologies, especially next generation firewalls, application firewalls, and IDS/IPS
13. Experience with Cloud, IaaS and SaaS environments
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Networks (320A)|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||8189.42 to 12,284.13 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/2/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Resume and Cover Letter required
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.