Financial Analyst - req# 10946
|Working Title||Financial Analyst|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT) is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Business Operations team. The successful candidate will oversee the budgeting, service costing and projections processes, in addition to developing complex financial reports and analyses. Reporting to the IT Finance Director, the Financial Analyst will work with IT Directors and Managers to establish and develop budgets and monthly forecasts, analyze monthly financials, and develop meaningful financial metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Proven ability to provide guidance to Leadership on financial topics or processes
· Demonstrated experience in developing and administering automated financial information and reporting tools using complex spreadsheets and database/reporting applications
· Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
· Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex financial reports, statements, and/or projections
· Strong MS Excel skills, with experience in trending, projections, revenue/expense analysis, and other advanced functions.
· Familiarity with UNM Non Students Accounts Receivable processes
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Business Operations (318A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,956.33 to $5,924.53|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/21/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.