HR Transactions Ctr Rep - req# 12094
HR Transactions Ctr Rep
|Working Title||HR Transactions Ctr Rep|
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Services (OFAS), has an opportunity for a customer-focused individual to join the team as an HR Transaction Center Rep. OFAS is an extremely fast-paced unit within the Office of the EVP for Academic Affairs/Provost, is responsible for providing Academic Leadership with guidance and support in processing faculty employment activity. OFAS seeks to fill a vacancy with a self-motivated and highly-organized individual. The HR Transaction Center Rep position is a challenging job that requires an individual who excels at managing multiple competing deadlines and responsibilities. This is a one-year term position, with potential for renewal.
This position supports the long-standing relationship between UNM and the Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (SIPI) faculty employment activity, within the Office, in administering and processing SIPI employment transactions. The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Provides first-line support and assistance to new and returning faculty, external agencies, and designated units at UNM in the day-to-day application of specified HR processes, policies, procedures, and documentation.
· Provides operational support to the Office of Faculty Affairs and Services.
· Reviews, verifies, and reconciles incoming employment and personnel action documentation.
· Provide assistance onboarding new faculty to include trouble shooting issues that may arise with the hiring systems.
Coordinates the resolution and/or referral of specific policy-related inquiries to appropriate team members or resources.
· Assists with presentations or projects related to the mission of the Office.
The ideal candidate will:
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving abilities, and strong skills in the use of technology, and be extremely detailed oriented.
· Demonstrate professionalism, desire to learn, value excellent customer service, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Experience with processing and maintaining confidential information.
· Experience working with human resource employment transactions and familiarity with hiring documents (e.g., I-9, etc.).
· Ability to manage employee data, utilizing an automated HRIS system.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Experience working in a human resources capacity in a large organization with a diverse clientele.
· Ability to control and organize time-sensitive tasks which may require follow-up.
· Experience working in a team environment that provides services to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Effective communication (oral and written) skills.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Provost Office Staff (688A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||1 year from date of hire|
|Pay||$13.62 - $16.59 per hour depending on qualifications|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||2/24/2020|
|Application Instructions||Please attach a cover Letter that includes how your experience is related to the advertised preferred qualifications, a current resume, and 3 supervisory references.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.