HS Research Tech 2 - req# 6548
HS Research Tech 2
|Working Title||HS Research Tech 2|
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a motivated technician to join a multi-disciplinary team of researchers to perform laboratory analysis of existing specimens using standard and novel techniques. The ideal candidate should have exceptional organizational skills, demonstrated interest or background in laboratory science and be familiar with maintaining documentation for compliance with Good Clinical Practices in the performance of Human Subjects Research.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare, perform and document results of standard ELISA and blood chemistry analysis using the laboratory point-of-care testing platform in accordance with established protocol.
2. Monitor, stock, and procure supplies as appropriate to perform protocol required testing.
3. Enter and quality check laboratory and survey data and maintain documentation for linking records.
4. Work with the principal investigator and study team to report on, adapt and modify experimental techniques as required.
5. Perform/coordinate routine laboratory equipment troubleshooting and repair as needed
6. Test and release the study data entry tool and work with the study team to coordinate survey data entry events as needed
7. Maintain an organized, clean and safe shared laboratory workspace
8. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· BA or BS Degree from an accredited institution.
· Experience working with a research team under the direction of a Principal Investigator
· Basic understanding of Human Subjects Research compliance requirements
· Ability to use basic web-based database design and management software for data entry and validation.
· Ability to collect and process research data and accurately record findings.
· Knowledge of the use and maintenance of laboratory facilities and/or equipment.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Emergency Medicine (558B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Part-Time|
|Term End Date||08/31/2019|
|Pay||$12.38 to $18.57 hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/28/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please attach an updated resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please be sure to address how your skills fit with our preferred qualifications for this position. A completed application is required for consideration.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.