IT Support Tech 2 - req# 11468
IT Support Tech 2
|Working Title||IT Support Tech 2|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT), Workstation Management (WSM) team is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter, flexible and resourceful IT Support Tech 2. Under minimal supervision, this position will be responsible for supporting executive level staff; including the University President, Executive Vice-President, and Provost offices. In addition, this position will assist in the day to day operations for our managed workstation customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a centrally managed IT department, as well as a working knowledge of IT service desk support. They will work alongside a team of technical professionals by providing basic troubleshooting for Mac and Windows through remote and desk-side support to deliver IT services. Successful candidates will have exceptional communication skills, an understanding of IT system management best practices and a well-developed sense of customer service for the values, practices and procedures found in a higher-education environment.
UNM IT provides a creative work environment with flexible work hours and a supportive team environment. UNM offers outstanding benefits including paid annual and sick leave, an excellent retirement plan and educational benefits for employees and their families.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Support executive level offices on a daily basis through remote or desk-side support.
2. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
3. Assists other team members on various projects and tasks.
4. Documents site-specific system information and processes.
5. Maintains current and up-to-date knowledge with respect to relevant technologies, equipment, and/or systems.
6. Provides UNM campus students, staff and faculty with application and hardware support.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. Ability to communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
2. Ability to configure/install Windows/Mac operating systems and applications
3. Previous work experience with file/print services, troubleshooting and basic network functions.
4. Previous work experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Group policy Management.
5. Previous work experience in a central IT ecosystem.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT EMSS - Workstations (392A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$13.62 to $20.06|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/19/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.