IT Support Tech 2 - req# 12263
IT Support Tech 2
|Working Title||IT Support Tech 2|
The Department of Family and Community Medicine seeks a professional, dynamic, customer focused IT Support Tech 2 to join our team and support our faculty, staff and students. If you want to be a part of a family of outstanding providers, researchers and staff who are passionate about the well-being and healthcare of individuals, families and communities in New Mexico, this position is for you.
Due to the growth of the department this position is needed to support 87 faculty and 55 staff and will be responsible for new projects like the new department intranet.
This position will be responsible for the following:
1. Provides support to Faculty, Staff and Students in the department with software and hardware for a variety of programs and systems and equipment including computers, tablets, phones both Apple and Dell and performs installation and maintenance for equipment in the department
2. Creates, edits, designs, publishes items for the department intranet (smart sheets) and external web site such as videos, forms, tables, graphics and other content; will act as department liaison for any updates that will be made to intranet and external web site
3. Tracks and maintains records for all users and equipment in the department related to IT/Technology purchases and inventory
4. Provides training and instruction on new technologies for Faculty, Staff and Students in the department
5. Acts as authority for evaluation and review of hardware and software purchases and participates in research of new technology initiatives
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Family Community Medicine FCM (160B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||One Year from Date of Hire|
|Pay||$13.62 to $20.43 hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/17/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Please submit your cover letter and resume
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.