IT Support Tech 2 - req# 12265
IT Support Tech 2
|Working Title||IT Support Tech 2|
The Center for Development and Disability (CDD), established in 1990, is New Mexico's University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service. These centers, authorized by the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, build the capacities of states and communities to respond to the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
The CDD is seeking a skilled professional to provide user support for all divisions and programs within the Center. This position will join the Technology Services team to implement the latest Windows based technologies and will require strong technical, communication, and organizational skills with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
The successful candidate will:
* Provide general problem solving and user support for all programs and divisions at the CDD, including but not limited to support for client operating systems, applications, and video conferencing.
* Adhere to applicable laws and policies related to implementing, supporting and maintaining systems used to manage sensitive information.
* Write and maintain user instructions and technical documentation.
* Maintain systems and support models for a wide variety of services based on the Windows platform.
* Audit conferencing and video recording equipment to maintain a high-quality user experience.
* Maintains applicable records including user lists, user accounts and security, software license and equipment inventory.
* May supervise or provide functional direction to lower graded staff and/or student employees.
* Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Serves as team member on technology projects with moderate scope and impact, providing some direction and integration of staff work.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
**Be sure to address our preferred qualifications listed below in your cover letter**
Expertise in supporting Windows 10 operating systems including imaging, configuring, and deploying system builds.
Proficiency in writing technical policies and procedures.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Pediatrics Center for Development (997H)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2020|
|Pay||$13.62 to $20.43 Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||3/10/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.To be considered for this position: * Complete the official application; you must include all prior work experience and # of hours worked per week. * Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References.* Attach your Cover Letter that addresses our Preferred Qualifications.Incomplete Applications may not be considered.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.