Lecturer: Emergency Medical Services - req# 10647
Lecturer: Emergency Medical Services
|Hiring Department||Los Alamos Branch|
|Academic Location||Los Alamos Branch|
|Benefits Eligible||The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
POSITION:0.5 FTE Lecturer of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in the Applied ScienceDepartment. Appointment begins January13, 2020. All Lecturer appointmentsat UNM provide for promotional and multi-year contract opportunities. Additionally, after six years of service withsatisfactory performance reviews, this lecturer appointment may include aone-time election to convert to a probationary, tenure-track appointmentsubject to the approval of the chair, dean and provost. If this one-time option is not exercised, thelecturer appointment remains in place and retains eligibility to pursue regularlecturer promotion and multi-year contract opportunities.
· Provide 15 credit hours of classroom instruction per academic year in the area of Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
· Post and maintain office hours
· Maintain attendance and keep accurate student records
· Advise students on their academic progress
· Participate in faculty and college committees, curriculum development initiatives, outcomes assessment
· Participate in professional development activities directly related to the professional field of expertise, to teaching and classroom technologies
· Participate in department projects and other areas of service and scholarship
· Participate in initiatives related to grant awards, as applicable
· Perform other duties consistent with the role of community college faculty
1. Five (5) years professional EMS experience.
2. Experience teaching EMS/EMT Classes
3. Experience with program design/methodology
4. Basic Life Support (CPR) Instructor
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
|Application Instructions||FOR BEST CONSIDERATION: All application materials should be received by 5:00 p.m. on October 15, 2019. APPLICATION: 1) Signed letter of application containing teaching philosophy and information explaining how candidate meets minimum and preferred qualifications;2) CV/resume that lists courses taught; 3) Unofficial transcripts of all college or university work;4) A list of three current references and contact information, including at least one from a previous supervisor or colleague. Interviewees will be asked to conduct a teaching demonstration on a previously assigned topic. Note: The candidates selected for an interview will be asked to provide a teaching demonstration on a pre-selected topic. The successful candidate will be required to furnish official transcripts of all college or university work before hiring can be completed.The University of New Mexico-Los Alamos is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator. |
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||For best consideration, please apply by 10/15/2019. This position will remain open until filled.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.