Program Coordinator - req# 6525
|Working Title||Program Coordinator|
The Office for Community Health (OCH) at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center seeks a talented program coordinator to assist with the planning and implementation of various innovative initiatives. The Office for Community Health (OCH) was established in 2007 as an overarching unit at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center to bring together multiple community-engaged initiatives as well as to strengthen community partnerships around the state to improve the health of New Mexicans. OCH oversees several innovative programs, as well as being charged with addressing minority health issues across the state.
The selected applicant will:
- Participate in the design and development of initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate strategic planning processes for these initiatives
- Assist in community-engaged research projects
- Coordinate complex collaboration amongst a wide range of stakeholders
- Collaborate on the design and implement systems to assess, collect, maintain and analyze data; generating interim progress reports and collaborating closely with OCH research and evaluation team
- Create, produce and deliver a range of promotional, educational, and informational presentations and/or resource materials
- Coordinate the development and implementation of programs, specials projects, special events
- Coordinate all aspects of community partnership meetings, including all logistics, meeting facilitation, and pre-visit preparations
- Assists in the preparation of contract and grant proposals, and in procurement and administrative processes for various projects
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with UNM financial, pre-award, and administrative systems
- Experience with project management models and/or software
- Experience with community engagement, community health improvement, and community-informed research initiatives
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with design software
- Experience with travel and event planning
- Experience with procurement and administrative support processes
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||VP for Comm Health Administration (196A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2019|
|Pay||$13.62 - $20.43Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/27/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience and skills.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.