Program Specialist - req# 11066
|Working Title||Program Specialist|
The CTSC is a member of the national Clinical Translational Science Award (CTSA) consortium. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), with the CTSA promotes this emphasis on clinical and translational research nationally, to facilitate the expansion of clinical research, the training of clinical researchers, and the emergence of community voice in the direction and implementation of clinical research.
The Program Specialist will assist the Tracking and Evaluation Program Manager in the coordination and gathering data regarding the various CTSC units and help ensure that tracking and evaluation procedures are adopted consistently and uniformly across the CTSC's components.
TERM APPOINTMENT; FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH 03/31/2020; CONTINUANCE BEYOND THAT DATE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF ADDITIONAL FUNDING. The UNM Clinical Research Center (CTSC) has over 35 years of continuous funding as a well-established NIH FUNDED research center.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans and coordinates the development, implementation, and execution of administrative support efforts in the CTSC’s Team Science unit.
2. Oversees and administers tracking for monthly Synergy meetings.
3. Oversees, plans, and coordinates the development and implementation of CTSC’s Team Sciences commercialization and entrepreneurial events.
4. Collets, enters, and/or updates data to maintain CTSC-wide records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
5. Assists with analyzing program-level data for annual progress reports to NIH.
6. Tracks publications resulting from CTSC members, including performing PubMed searches.
7. Maintains a scheduling and tracking database.
8. Assists Sr. Program Manager with Annual Federal Progress Report.
9. Monitors use of evaluation databases
10. Supports implementation of Common Metrics across Evaluation program 5
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CTSC Administration Gen (672B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||03/31/2020|
|Pay||$2,986.30 to $4,478.93|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/23/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume, Cover letter, 3 supervisor references - All 3 must be attached to be considered for position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.