Programmer Analyst 2 - req# 11852
Programmer Analyst 2
|Working Title||Programmer Analyst 2|
The Center for Development and Disability (CDD), established in 1990, is New Mexico's University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service. These centers, authorized by the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, build the capacities of states and communities to respond to the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
The CDD seeks a bright, inquisitive individual to join the Database and Web Applications team as a Programmer Analyst 2. The work will focus on development of databases and front end web applications required to meet the data needs of various federal and state funded programs. Generation of reports to provide aggregate and detail data sets will also be required. This job entails working in collaboration with many different user groups with contract-specific needs. The right candidate will be a team player, focused on providing excellent service to the entire organization, becoming cross-trained in existing web applications and databases as well as creating new.
Specific job responsibilites will include:
- Develop databases to support training and clinical programs; tools that may be used include Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, MySQL Workbench, phpMyAdmin.
- Using SQL Services Reporting Services, generate reports to provide detail and/or aggregate data and professional communications, ensuring that data is accurate via careful validation.
- Document logic for consistency and cross-training purposes and formulate instructions for use in training end users on new functionality or updated features.
- Investigate upgrades or new software for use with applications to enhance functionality.
- Provide on call support and problem resolution as required to ensure availability of the database and web application areas for the user community; perform research and analysis to troubleshoot specific data or reporting issues.
- Maintain strict version control on programming code via use of the repository system to adhere to software development best practices.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
**Be sure to address our preferred qualifications listed below in your cover letter**
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Pediatrics Center for Development (997H)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2020|
|Pay||$3434.31 Minimum to $5151.47 Midpoint|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/31/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.To be considered for this position: * Complete the official application; you must include all prior work experience and # of hours worked per week. * Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References.* Attach your Cover Letter that addresses our Preferred Qualifications.Incomplete Applications may not be considered.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.