Programmer Analyst 3 - req# 11842
Programmer Analyst 3
|Working Title||Programmer Analyst 3|
UNM Information Technologies is looking for a Programmer Analyst 3 (DevOps) to lead development, integration and automations within the UNM IT Applications Team. UNM is implementing DevSecOps Environments and Methodologies and needs proactive, talented and energetic team players to help us continue the journey and join our current team of talented staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the overall automation and integration strategies for UNM IT
- Contribute to the definition, scope and phasing of project timelines, with a focus on business value delivery, technical delivery & design options and operational management considerations
- Architect, design, and lead the implementation of an integrated platforms as a service (iPaaS) on which developers can build, deploy, run, and scale applications
- Ensure that solutions, automations and integrations are continuously enhanced and are supported with appropriate build, deployment & operational management capabilities such that they remain operationally supportable, scalable and secure
- Develop software at all layers of the service solution stack and contribute to the evolution of the software development & deployment environments ensuring continuous integration, build automation, deployment automation and configuration management
- Prepare and commission software applications and code & platform changes for deployment to testing and production environments, aligned to business needs
- Obtain results and add value to the organization by being accessible to and supportive of others, setting clear goals and monitoring goals’ progress, and making timely and sound decisions and influencing others
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication and presentation skills (able to communicate ideas with senior personnel, able to create and deliver persuasive web architectures and models, able to gain consensus, etc.); including the creation of detailed documentation for code and designs
- Provide On-Call Support according to our rotation schedule
- Complete other Duties as assigned
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
As demonstrated by supporting documentation (cover letter, resume, portfolio, etc.):
- Advanced knowledge and experience within a DevOps-enabled ecosystem including code versioning, continuous integration and delivery, automated testing, and container and orchestration.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Applications (324A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3956.33 to $5924.53 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/27/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Resume and Cover Letter Required
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.