Programmer Analyst 3 - req# 5382
Programmer Analyst 3
|Working Title||Programmer Analyst 3|
The IT Applications Team is seeking candidates to fill a Programmer Analyst 3 position.
This position will be responsible for the implementation and integration of third-party applications, escalated support, the development of new functionality and integration of various applications in alignment with our strategic initiatives of DevOps and the implementation of a new Integration Solution. This position is also responsible for escalated support of key administrative applications, including Banner. The successful completion of this work includes working with administrative offices, students, and faculty to resolve issues, analyze requirements, implement solutions according to specifications, build and deploy enhancements, monitor the health of the applications as they move into production, and respond to and resolve incidents as they occur.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. Strong communication, team, customer relations, and organizational skills
2. Experience learning, organizing and communicating complicated systems
3. Experience working closely with customers to understand their needs and translating those needs into technical solutions
4. Experience leveraging knowledge of IT infrastructure and security to improve application delivery and performance
5. Experience solving problems with creative solutions
6. Experience in DevOps technologies and environments
7. Experience developing application integrations utilizing RESTful web services
8. Experience with Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, packages, triggers and views
10. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast, paced structured environment
11. Experience working with vendors to resolve issues and gather system requirements
12. Demonstrated ability to document applications in a timely manner and contribute to knowledge bases
13. Ability to lead small - large complex projects
14. Ability to analyze complex issues from a business and technical perspective
15. Ability to self-manage time when assigned multiple initiatives
16. Familiarity with Agile methodology a plus
17. Ability to self-manage time when assigned multiple incidents/SRs
18. Ability to listen to feedback and adjust plans accordingly
19. Adaptable and flexible with change
20. ITIL Certification a plus
|Additional Requirements||Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Applications (324A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,956.33 - $5,666.67 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||7/2/2018|
|Application Instructions||Include Resume and Cover Letter|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.