Programmer Analyst 3 - req# 6885
Programmer Analyst 3
|Working Title||Programmer Analyst 3|
The Information Technologies (IT) Apps Development, Integration and Architecture (DIA) team is looking for candidates to fill a Programmer Analyst 3 position with technical lead and project management experience in application security, integration, development and operations.
The IT Apps DIA team is responsible for the architecture, development and implementation of websites, web applications and mobile applications, design and architecture of complex integrated systems, and definition and upkeep of application standards and best practices (for IT and campus).
This position is responsible for leading application development, implementation and integration projects and collaborating with IT Apps Operations and Support teams on application troubleshooting and optimization efforts. This position also plays a key role in the development, implementation and training of application/system standards and procedures to contribute to the growth of a DevOps culture at UNM IT.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
As demonstrated by supporting documentation (cover letter, resume, portfolio, etc.):
1. Excellent team work, and interpersonal and organizational skills
2. Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and unrelenting determination
3. Strong analytical skills; ability to both examine and diagram specifications based on project requirements, accurately calculate project timelines based on deliverables
4. Knowledge and experience with front-end development, back-end development, database design, web service architecture, and system administration
5. Knowledge and experience with VM, containers and micro-services
6. Knowledge and experience with DevOps
7. Comprehensive knowledge of data regulatory compliance including 508, FERPA and HIPAA
8. Ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities, assignments, and duties
9. Ability to obtain results and add value to the organization by being accessible to and supportive of others, setting clear goals and monitoring goals’ progress, and making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
10. Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills (able to communicate ideas with senior personnel, able to create and deliver persuasive web architectures and models, able to gain consensus, etc.)
|Additional Requirements||Optional: Programming portfolio or other supporting documentation of the preferred qualifications.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Applications (324A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3956.33 to $5666.67 (Monthly)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/1/2018|
|Application Instructions||Include Resume and Cover Letter|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.