Research Coordinator - req# 10230
|Working Title||Research Coordinator|
The Department of Neurology is seeking a self-motivated individual to coordinate with the Clinical Research Manager to provide assistance with the day-to-day activities for multiple clinical research studies to include:
The successful incumbent will complete IRB submissions (local and external), patient recruitment and retention, and data collection and maintenance. This candidate will also have a firm understanding of good clinical practices in conducting research, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of university and community stakeholders.
Specific duties will include but not be limited to:
* Recruitment, enrollment, and scheduling of research subjects.
* Establishing and maintaining budgets and fiscal controls for the project.
* Developing and maintaining record keeping systems and procedures.
* Drawing and processing blood will be required for some studies.
Candidates must have experience in:
* Managing or working with multi-site NIH clinical trials
* Grant applications
* Presenting and communicating research progress and result
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Experience in: (Must be detailed in your resume)
* Use and understanding of medical terminology.
* Neurological or behavioral clinical research preferred for the clinical research coordinator.
* Recruiting patients to participate in research studies.
* Coordinating clinical trials.
* Preparing applications and other documents for submission to an Institutional Review Board (IRB) or direct experience in IRB Administration.
* Drawing and processing blood (experience and/or training).
* Ability to work flex hours, as required by study if needed on call hours and weekends.
* Ability to drive offsite to see patients, as required by study protocol.
* Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Neurology Adult (490B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2020|
|Pay||$13.62 - $20.43|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||8/16/2019|
|Application Instructions||A complete application will consist of current resume, cover letter and reference. Please describe in your cover letter how you meet the preferred qualifications for the position. Include three references in your resume. The references must be former supervisors. Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.