Research Program Manager - req# 6847
|Working Title||Research Program Manager|
The University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to serve as Research Program Manager for the Psychiatry Research Center.
Under indirect supervision, the Research Program Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and procedural operation of a multi-investigator, clinical research facility. This individual will oversee fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources management of the program; provide day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership to staff and faculty researchers, and serve as principal point of representation and liaison with internal and external constituencies on operational matters. Specific responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring compliance with university, state, and federal policies and regulations related to federally funded research;
* Develop and manage a formalized pre-award grant submission process to incorporate roles and timelines for all parties involved;
* Managing research funding including review and approval of all budgets and budget revisions, monitoring adherence to budgets and ensuring fiscal responsibility;
* Providing technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of Center activities including feasibility review of proposals/submissions, protocol design and implementation, compliance with regulatory record-keeping requirements, and security of confidential and sensitive information; and
* Assisting in establishing and implementing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for the Center.
In partnership with Principal Investigators, this individual will supervise personnel, including work allocation, regulatory and compliance training, enforcement of university and department procedures and controls, problem resolution, and management of performance and promotion. It is expected that the Program Manager will be actively involved with the development of additional funding sources appropriate to the Center.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience 2 of which are management level experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
* Demonstrated experience interacting with a diverse population including community leaders, university faculty and staff, physicians and other professionals to develop and implement goals
* Experience leading pre-award planning, organization, and preparation of proposals from a variety of sponsors
* Experience with post-award administration from a variety of sponsors
* Experience identifying and securing private and public grant funding
* Experience with institutional financial, research and contracting processes
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Psych Research Schizophrenia (451J)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||12/31/2019|
|Pay||$3,434.31 - $5,151.47 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/15/2018|
|Application Instructions||A complete application will include an up-to-date resume and a cover letter, discussing how you meet the preferred qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.