Science Research Manager - req# 11530
Sci Research Manager
|Working Title||Science Research Manager|
The New Mexico Emerging Infections Program (NMEIP), a collaboration between UNM Health Science Center's (HSC) Office for Community Health and the NM Department of Health (NMDOH), seeks a Science Research Manager to join its team.
Duties of the Science Research Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Conduct Foodborne Diseases Active Surveillance Network (FoodNet) surveillance activities by processing case data, data management and quality assurance reviews of FoodNet data; generating monthly query reports, responding to lists of questions/concerns from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and running quarterly matches against the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) database, ensuring all CDC monthly and annual data transmission and data quality deadlines and metrics are met.
· Collaborate with CDC and NMDOH partners and stakeholders, including participation in CDC working groups, conference calls, and required meetings, as well as disseminating site-specific data and information as needed.
· Supervise four master's level surveillance officers who perform active, population-based surveillance for selected pathogens of public health significance throughout New Mexico.
· Ensure Institutional Review Board (IRB) compliance for all UNM-based FoodNet projects
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Demonstrated work experience reflecting the following:
* Ability to manage multiple research projects.
* Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
* Ability to use independent judgment to develop model concepts and approaches for research.
* Ability to develop scientific reports and manuscripts based on original research.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||VP for Comm Health Administration (196A)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||6/30/2020|
|Pay||$3,434.31 - $5,151.47 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/13/2019|
|Application Instructions||Provide a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, detail your experience as it relates to the position summary and preferred qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.