Sports Facilities Manager - req# 7197
|Working Title||Sports Facilities Manager|
UNM’s Athletics Facilities seeks a Manager of Sports Facilities to oversee and coordinate the management, maintenance, and scheduling of all sports fields, stadiums, and associated facilities used by UNM’s various intercollegiate athletics programs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Managing and coordinating the day-to-day operations for all intercollegiate athletic facilities; overseeing regular maintenance activities, serving as a liaison with internal and external constituencies regarding the use of athletic facilities, and coordinating the implementation of facility improvements.
· Supervising personnel, to include work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution.
· Overseeing and coordinating the activities of multiple contractors, vendors, and suppliers to University athletic facilities
· Coordinating all invoicing for outside entities renting athletic facilities; monitoring and controlling contracts for compliance, cost-effectiveness, quality, and adherence to specifications and industry standards.
· Managing and coordinating the establishment, preparation, and modification of athletic fields, facilities, and related equipment; ensuring game/tournament readiness, in compliance with NCAA Division I and conference regulations and standards.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of the management and maintenance of major intercollegiate athletics grounds and facilities.
· Experience with needs assessment, strategic planning, examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and business process improvement
· Managerial and supervisory experience to include employee training, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
· Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes, regulations, and ordinances pertaining to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
· Strong and effective communication skills, both oral and written
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Athletics Special Events (925I)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/27/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, address how your experience meets the requirements and preferences for this position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.