Sr Program Manager - req# 8265
Sr Program Manager
|Working Title||Sr Program Manager|
The New Mexico HPV Prevention Center is a very large and complex translational science research program comprised of three unique yet interrelated scientific units, 1) the New Mexico HPV Pap Registry, 2) the Epidemiology Prevention Interdisciplinary Center for Sexually Transmitted Infections (EPIC-STI), and 3) the House of Prevention Epidemiology (HOPE) Clinical Operations. The Center is supported by over $3M in federal and other externally sponsored-project grant dollars annually. The Sr. Program Manager serves as the senior administrator for the Center and manages and coordinates all business operations by providing advanced professional and technical leadership and expertise. They oversee all day-to-day administrative and management functions for all facets of the Center, while setting strategic directions, operational policies and procedures, budget development and oversight, management of staff, and pre- and post- award management of the large, program funding and grants which support the Center. The Sr. Program Manager works closely to interface with the scientific and business operations working with senior leaders throughout UNM as well as federal and state government officials and national and international leaders in the field to promote the strategic goals of the Center. Regular work and email interface required/expected outside of 8-5pm business hours including weekends. This is an exempt position. Position requires own transportation to accommodate business needs as they arise.
· Provides senior level management of all business operations and administration for all facets of the Center. Including but not limited to:
· Develops and manages annual budgets, performing projections and cost analysis.
· Ensures compliance with all university, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
· Manages all HR and staffing for the Center. Evaluates staffing as needed to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives of the Center. Provides training and mentoring to new staff and to increase skillset of existing staff members.
· Supervises other Program Managers and one Program Coordinator, delegating assignments and ensuring high quality results.
· Oversees all procurement for the Center and its programs.
· Provides direction and coordination in the planning, development, and implementation of the Center’s strategic plans in close cooperation with the Center’s Director. Works to develop and implement short and long-range scientific and business goals and objectives, and policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates progress and effects changes when required for improvement.
· Provides comprehensive pre- and post-award management of over $3.5-$5 M annual in federal grant and externally sponsored research dollars. Provides leadership in planning, development, and implementation of strategies and initiatives to generate additional funding for the Center and its programs.
· Designs and implements effective communication processes for the Center in collaboration with the Center Director, web developer and systems administrator. Develops content and "look and feel" of the Center’s website and develops and produces marketing and outreach materials.
· Oversees subcontractors and collaborators to ensure work is completed in a high quality and timely manner.
· Serves as liaison to UNM Departments, Senior Leadership, federal and state government officials, and national and international leaders in the field to promote the strategic goals of the Center and achieve its mission.
· Organizes and oversees multiple committees, boards and annual meetings including Executive Committees, External Advisory Boards, and the Steering Committee which is comprised of 21 individuals from international centers and oversees all legal concerns related to the New Mexico Pap Registry.
· Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties designed to contribute to achievement of the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the Center as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; two of which are management level experience.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
a. Master’s degree or higher in molecular biology, genetics, epidemiology or related-field and a minimum of 3 years of management level experience directly related to the job duties and responsibilities; or Bachelor’s degree with indicated knowledge base and areas of concentration (see above) and a minimum of 5 years of management level experience directly related to the job duties and responsibilities
b. Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial, operational and scientific data and to prepare scientific summary reports, business reports, projections, and recommendations
c. Program planning, development, implementation, and leadership skills. Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals as well as meeting venues, travel arrangements and teleconferences of large groups of scientists.
d. Experience providing support to faculty in leadership roles and problem solving in a complex environment that spans multiple departments and organizations
e. Knowledge of OMB Circulars, particularly related to Cost Principles and allowable vs. unallowable charges on sponsored awards
f. Experience with all phases of grant proposal development including: electronic proposal submission, budget preparation, knowledge of federal research compliance regulations, procedures and current issues in sponsored research administration
g. Post-Award Grant Management: effort certifications, analysis of financial reports, budget projections
h. Knowledge of UNM institutional organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures (i.e. Banner, Hyperion, Chrome River, and UNM purchasing policies/procedures)
i. Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, etc Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn new software/systems such as EndNote, NIH NIHMS
j. Experience with the supervision of personnel including work allocation, training, time keeping and evaluation of performance
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Center for HPV Prevention (099A0)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||1 year from date of hire|
|Pay||$3,956.33 - $7,899.38|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date|
|Application Instructions||APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.