Sr Stdnt Enrollment Assoc - req# 3545
Sr Stdnt Enrollment Assoc
|Working Title||Sr Stdnt Enrollment Assoc|
|Position Summary|| Are you up to experiencing daily challenges to help the customer? This position acts as the first point for UNM and the Division of Enrollment Management, by researching and providing accurate answers to students, alumni, parents, faculty and staff for Admissions, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Records and Registration, including other UNM sources. Employees work 7.5 hours per day on the phone and UNMs Live-Chat program. Candidates must demonstrate abilities to learn key aspects of the job quickly, research data quickly, problem solve using UNMs Banner student information system, while effectively deescalating stressful situations, and delivering exceptional customer services. When fully trained, candidate should complete 70 - 85 calls per day and complete live-chats in 12-14 minutes or commensurate to other trained personnel. Another aspect of this position will be to fill-in at the buildings front desk, assisting customers face-to-face. Must demonstrate effectiveness to communicate professionally using both verbal and written skills at each level of responsibility. |
The position is located on UNMs south campus, 1155 University Blvd at the Student Support & Service Center (SSSC) building at the northwest corner of Avenida de Caesar Chavez & University Blvd. directly north of the UNM PIT Arena
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Comfortable working in a cubicle setting, owns customer issues, from start to finish, a problem solver by nature, adaptable to varying stress levels, demonstrates professional etiquette, while effectively expressing thoughts and ideas in verbal and written form.
2. Strong Interpersonal Skills that include: adaptability, excellent listening skills to understand the customer needs quickly, ability to express their personality and think on their feet, comfortable taking initiative to help the customer solve their issue on first contact, while exhibiting warmth, friendliness, and professional etiquette at all times.
3. Experience working independently with customers face-to-face while managing a front desk operation.
4. Strong computer skills which demonstrate efficiency, speed, accuracy, and ability to learn programs. (e.g. Banner, OnBase, and Skype for business).
5. Preference will be given to candidates experienced in higher education environments, customer service and meeting the preferred qualifications.
|Additional Requirements||* There are designated black-out periods during peak periods (July, August and January) resulting in reduced lunch periods.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Communications Center (290C)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$13.62 - $14.09|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/16/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please attach resume and cover letter|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.