Sr Stdnt Enrollment Assoc - req# 7184
Sr Stdnt Enrollment Assoc
|Working Title||Sr Stdnt Enrollment Assoc|
|Position Summary||The Division of Enrollment Management - Communication Center seeks two Senior Student Enrollment Associate(s). This position centers on delivering excellent customer services via phone, live-chat and face-to-face interactions managing the SSSC One-Stop Center. The position(s) act as first point of contact to students, alumni, parents, faculty and staff seeking answers on a multitude of diverse questions related to Admissions, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Records and Registration, and several other UNM departments. |
Candidate must demonstrate abilities to work independently researching data quickly, communicating effective and accurate responses in written and verbal forms while delivering the highest levels of professional customer service with each contact and especially in stressful situations. Candidate is expected to complete calls in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. This also includes live chats. In addition, the position entails working on a rotation basis with other associates assisting walk-in customers, while simultaneously performing live-chats.
These positions require a highly personable and customer orientated individual(s) who build positive working relationships with customers, colleagues, and internal organizations and lead students to the actions to resolve important issues.
The position is located on UNM's south campus, 1155 University Blvd at the Student Support & Service Center (SSSC) building at the northwest corner of Avenida de Caesar Chavez & University Blvd. directly north of the UNM PIT Arena.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
1. Comfortable working in a cubicle setting, owns customer issues, from start to finish, a problem solver by nature, adaptable to varying stress levels, demonstrates professional etiquette, while effectively expressing thoughts and ideas in verbal and written form.
2. Strong Interpersonal Skills that include: adaptability, excellent listening skills to understand the customer needs quickly, ability to express their personality and think on their feet, comfortable taking initiative to help the customer solve their issue on first contact, while exhibiting warmth, friendliness, and professional etiquette at all times.
3. Experience working independently with customers face-to-face while managing a front desk operation.
4. Strong computer skills which demonstrate efficiency, speed, accuracy, and ability to learn programs. (e.g. Banner, OnBase, and Skype for business).
5. Preference will be given to candidates experienced in higher education environments, customer service and meeting the preferred qualifications.
|Additional Requirements||* There are designated black-out periods during peak periods (July, August and January) resulting in reduced lunch periods.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Communications Center (290C)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$13.62 - $14.09 (Hourly)|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/26/2018|
|Application Instructions||Please attach resume and cover letter|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.