Staff Nurse/RN - req# 10962
|Working Title||Staff Nurse/RN|
The University of New Mexico Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is seeking applicants for a Registered Nurse position. The SHAC Nursing/Clinical Team consists of RN's, LPN'S, Medical Assistants and Student Employees. The SHAC Medical Staff consists of MD's, NP’s, and PA’s. Medical and Nursing care at SHAC is provided in collaboration with our Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy and other auxiliary services.
The person in this position will:
· Provide nursing care for UNM Students in the Urgent Care (ASAP) clinic, Primary Care, Women’s Health and rotate to Allergy and Immunization Clinic.
· Prepares equipment and assists physicians during examinations and treatments.
· Performs evaluation of new and existing patients to determine priority and suitability of treatment and/or need for modifications.
· May perform specialized nursing procedures related to the unique needs of a particular patient population.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
Graduate of a nationally accredited Nursing program; no previous experience required.Certification/Licensure State of New Mexico Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure pending as documented by temporary licensure OR current RN licensure from a state participating in the multistate privilege to practice compact with New Mexico.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· SHAC is looking for an individual suited to fill the role of a Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of NM, who can work effectively as a member of a team, prioritize multiple demands and remain calm in stressful situations.
· This person will have had experience in a variety of clinical settings including immunization/travel, urgent care, primary care, and women’s' health.
· Skills required of this RN will be the ability to work effectively with a largely adolescent/young adult population, conduct a triage assessment and start an IV/administer IV medications.
|Additional Requirements||Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.|
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Student Health and Counseling (037A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$19.81 - $29.72 Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/17/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please include a cover letter and three professional references preferably from past or current supervisors.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.