Strategic Support Manager - req# 10130
Strategic Support Manager
|Working Title||Strategic Support Manager|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides leadership and integrative coordination in the planning, development, and implementation of a comprehensive New Mexico Bioscience Authority initiative.
2. Establishes and implements short-and long-range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness and effects change required for improvement for the New Mexico Bioscience Authority.
3. Serves as the liaison of collaboration, leadership, and expertise to both internal and external constituencies on professional and operational matters pertaining to the mission, goals, objectives, and work scope of the New Mexico Bioscience Authority.
4. Designs, implements, and evaluates organization and staffing to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives of the New Mexico Bioscience Authority. Provide strategic advice and recommendations to the New Mexico Bioscience Authority’s Board of Director’s in the development, implementation and evaluation of HR practices and procedures.
5. Provides advanced technical leadership and direction to the New Mexico Bioscience Authority staff, University constituencies and community organizations and representatives working with the New Mexico Bioscience Authority, in accordance with the New Mexico Bioscience Authority goals and objectives.
6. Identifies and solicits local, state, federal, and/or international funding sources for services and programs; provides leadership in planning, development, and implementation of strategies and initiatives for generating program resources for the New Mexico Bioscience Authority.
7. Develops and manages annual budgets for the New Mexico Bioscience Authority and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
8. Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the New Mexico Bioscience Authority, ensuring compliance with university, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations. Provides strategic advisement and consultation to the NMSA Board of Directors on a wide range of administrative issues; serves as primary administrative/operational point of contact for New Mexico Bioscience Authority centralized administrative support functions.
9. Oversees the supervision of personnel within the New Mexico Bioscience Authority, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
TERM APPOINTMENT; FUNDING AVAILABLE THROUGH 06/30/2020; CONTINUANCE BEYOND THAT DATE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF ADDITIONAL FUNDING.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||New Mexico Bioscience Authority (380B)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||06/30/2020|
|Pay||$4,738.93 to $7,108.40 Monthly/DOE|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||8/21/2019|
|Application Instructions||Cover letter, resume and 3 supervisory references - All 3 must be attached to be considered for position|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.