Student Activities Specialist - req# 7451
Student Activities Specialist
|Working Title||Student Activities Specialist|
The Student Activities Center Specialist position works to oversee the development, implementation, and administration of programs and activities designed to assist in the retention of UNM graduate and undergraduate students and to encourage the development of the general well-being of students within the university’s co-curricular environment.
- Facilitation of the UNM Student Organization chartering process. This includes conducting workshops, reviewing applications and bylaws, assisting officers and more for over 400 groups.
- Review and approval of outdoor space reservation requests. This includes scheduling, legal, safety and more reviews of requests that come to the office.
- Planning and execution of the annual Recognition Reception and the Lobo Leadership and Involvement Awards ceremony. Planning of these events includes catering arrangements, facility setup, multi-department coordination, invitations, guest speakers and more.
- Co-chair of the Campus Events Committee. Run and facilitate meetings of the campus departments involved in the various events occurring on campus.
- Advisor to Golden Key Honor Society.
- Front Office support and student staff supervision.
- Support of all Student Activities Center events and programs. Other Duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Preferred Qualifications||Preferred Qualifications:|
- Master's Degree Preferred in Student Affairs related program.
- Experience working at a large, public, HSI university or college.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Student Activities Admin (670D0)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$2,596.53 -$3,894.80 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/7/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please include a resume, cover letter, and three references.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.