Student Success Specialist - req# 5456
Student Success Specialist
|Working Title||Student Success Specialist|
UNM-Los Alamos is seeking a Student Success Specialist. This position provides academic and career advisement and support services related to student academic success and retention. The position:
· Develops and implements recruitment programs and attends recruitment events
· Advises and assists students in the development of career and academic plans and class schedules
· Analyzes student records and responds to inquiries to facilitate the entry (admissions) and exit (transfer, graduation) from the University
· Assists in the resolution of individual academic problems, resolves and refers issues that affect academic progress
· Advises on academic program updates and changes.
· Prepares and conducts activities and workshops to promote success strategies for faculty and students.
· May support student success by coordinating internship programs, facilitating orientations, student activities, and advising student programs such as the PTK honor society, student government, etc.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Completed Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) Certification
· Experience with career and academic advising in a higher education environment
· Presentations skills: orientation, workshops, outreach and retention program implementation.
· Demonstrated skills in problems solving, multi-tasking, and analyzing programmatic requirements and policies.
· Direct contact and extracurricular leadership experience within the last three years with secondary and post-secondary level students.
· Excellent customer service and team based skills.
· Experience working with varied populations including students, faculty, staff and community; in particular, within the diverse communities of Northern New Mexico.
· Demonstrated experience with Banner student information and degree audit systems.
|Department||Los Alamos Branch|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$ $2,986.30 to $3,166.66 monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/17/2018|
|Application Instructions||Leave blackout periods are required during peak business times of the year.Applicants, please upload resume and cover letter. Include three supervisory references.|
|Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.