Systems/Network Analyst 3 - req# 7256
Systems/Network Analyst 3
|Working Title||Systems/Network Analyst 3|
The New Mexico Tumor Registry (NMTR) maintains a population-based registry of cancer cases for the entire state of New Mexico and the American Indian population of Arizona. The NMTR is a division of the Cancer Control Program at the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center. The NMTR is a founding member of the National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program and has been continuously funded by the SEER Program since 1973. Data collected by NMTR’s Certified Tumor Registrars are routinely used to document and track trends in cancer occurrence and care, support scientific research and inform public health policy.
The NMTR is seeking a highly qualified Systems/Network Analyst 3 to:
· Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a private class C windows-based network for the NMTR providing security, reliability, and integrity of the NMTR IT infrastructure including: Active Directory (AD), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
· Develops, implements, maintains, and documents policies, procedures and practices that meet prevailing standards and are compliant with contractual requirements of the NCI/SEER program.
· Plan, manage and see to completion system upgrades including desktops, laptops, servers, switches, firewalls, security tools, specialized software, etc. needed to maintain the NMTR IT network.
· Collaborate with both UNM and non-UNM information technology professionals and vendors.
· Collaborate with both NMTR and non-NMTR users and stakeholders.
· Provide security and procedural trainings to the NMTR staff and registry affiliated investigators.
· Supervises the Technical Analyst I.
Position Requires: a) Ability to provide technical assistance and support to other IT staff; b) Development and implementation of procedures; c) Analysis, evaluation and resolution of network problems; d) Research and recommendation of hardware and software development, purchases, and use.
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. Its 125 board-certified oncology specialty physicians include cancer surgeons in every specialty (abdominal, thoracic, bone and soft tissue, neurosurgery, genitourinary, gynecology, and head and neck cancers), adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists. They, along with more than 500 other cancer healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, navigators, psychologists and social workers), provided cancer care for nearly 60 percent of the adults and children in New Mexico affected by cancer. They treated 11,249 patients in 84,875 ambulatory clinic visits in addition to in-patient hospitalizations at UNM Hospital. These patients came from every county in the State. More than 12 percent of these patients participated in cancer clinical trials testing new cancer treatments and 35 percent of patients participated in other clinical research studies, including tests of novel cancer prevention strategies and cancer genome sequencing. The 130 cancer research scientists affiliated with the UNMCCC were awarded almost $60 million in federal and private grants and contracts for cancer research projects and published 301 high quality publications. Promoting economic development, they filed more than 30 new patents in FY16, and since 2010, have launched 11 new biotechnology start-up companies. Scientists associated with the UNMCCC Cancer Control & Disparities have conducted more than 60 statewide community-based cancer education, prevention, screening, and behavioral intervention studies involving more than 10,000 New Mexicans. Finally, the physicians, scientists and staff have provided education and training experiences to more than 230 high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral fellowship students in cancer research and cancer health care delivery. Learn more at http://cancer.unm.edu.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
· Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of university policy, federal and state regulations as they apply to security, privacy, intellectual property and information system management.
· Advanced knowledge of systems integration and automation techniques and tools.
· Demonstrated skills in the design, development, implementation, and testing of complex integrated network, hardware, software and system security solutions to organizational requirements.
· Skilled in preparing budgetary evaluations and proposals regarding current and/or future hardware and software capabilities/requirements that follow university procurement guidelines and inventory keeping methods.
· Problem analysis and resolution skills as applied to the installation, maintenance, modification and troubleshooting of network, hardware, software and system security services.
· Ability to administer a broad range of network, hardware, software, system security tools and methods.
· Ability to communicate and/or develop technical documentation for capacity planning, training, service security architecture, software/hardware use, or as required by project deliverables.
· Ability to supervise and train assigned staff and/or lead cross-functional teams.
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CRTC New Mexico Tumor Registry NMTR (099N)|
|Staff Type||Term - Full-Time|
|Term End Date||1 year from date of hire|
|Pay||$3,956.33 - $5,924.53|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||11/26/2018|
|Application Instructions||APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.