Technical Analyst 1 - req# 11696
Technical Analyst 1
|Working Title||Technical Analyst 1|
UNM IT Customer Support Services (CSS) provides customer service and support to students, staff, and faculty on all UNM IT Services. We are seeking to hire a Technical Analyst 1 to assist in these areas.
Job duties include:
1. Performs routine operations of the CSS Voice & Billing team. Acts as a liaison for customer requests, functional and hierarchical escalations, and complex issue resolution within CSS.
2. Conducts business analysis of customer requests. Interacts directly with customers to assess customer requirements, identify and recommend services and solutions, and coordinate implementation of technical solutions.
3. Coordinates small to medium voice projects, including installation of existing telecom technologies.
4. Maintains records. Coordinates, maintains, and inputs applicable records including services, requests, incidents, equipment, materials, billing, and technician time.
5. Inputs and reconciles billing information. Completes billing activities, including records management, billing analysis, dispute resolution, account credits and account reconciliation.
6. Supports customers on telecommunications products and services. Troubleshoots issues, investigates solutions, and ensures appropriate and timely resolution of incidents and problems. Works closely with all escalated levels of technical support groups, including external vendors, to resolve complex issues.
7. Manages tasks, tickets, and queues. Ensures prioritization, processing, and timely completion of work and customer requests. Thoroughly documents all activities in ticket tracking systems.
8. Leverages and authors knowledge and documentation. Reviews and utilizes existing documentation and processes, researches similar product symptoms to find a resolution to issues, and contributes useful content and updates as discovered.
9. Participates in support planning. Assists with the development of operating goals and objectives for the team and support planning for new and existing services. Recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance and maintain operations.
This position may be required to work evenings and weekends.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 6 months of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. Experience with telecommunications products and services in an enterprise environment.
2. Experience with project coordination, especially IT and telecommunications projects.
3. Experience with billing activities, including records management, billing analysis, dispute resolution, account credits and account reconciliation.
4. Experience with Billing, Telecommunications Management, Incident Management and/or ITSM tools.
5. Experience creating and maintaining billing, service, and order records.
6. Experience in providing excellent customer service and support.
7. Experience collaborating with technical teams to achieve outcomes that benefit end users and customers.
8. Ability to support users and solve problems with various applications and equipment.
9. Experience researching, writing, editing, and publishing user-friendly documentation of technical services and subjects.
10. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Customer Service (319A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3199.73 to $4459.50 Monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||1/2/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Resume and Cover Letter Required.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.