Technical Analyst 2 - req# 10591
Technical Analyst 2
|Working Title||Technical Analyst 2|
UNM IT Academic Technologies Department, which supports technology for distance education/online learning is seeking a skilled professional with the desire and ability to support students and faculty participating in online courses and learning activities. The department manages, hosts, and supports enterprise-wide, mission-critical applications associated with the University’s core teaching and learning mission, including learning management systems, synchronous communication tools, streaming media, and podcasting, along with other associated web application and database servers.
This position will provide responsive and proactive support to faculty and students as we expand access to online video and collaboration tools, and will perform extensive testing and troubleshooting, development of online documentation, help guides, FAQs, and other resources.
The successful candidate will have: a combination of strong technical, communication, and organizational skills; excellent problem-solving skills; solid end-user documentation skills, and experience with working in a technical support center. Preferred candidates have experience troubleshooting end-user issues with accessing content, including problems with firewalls, Java configurations, missing plugins and content permissions. Candidates must be comfortable using a variety of tools and techniques, including: phone, chat, e-mail, knowledge base and trouble ticketing applications, in-person help, and training.
Candidates must bring examples of support documentation and communication to the interview.
Job duties include
· Working with an online learning management system, such as Blackboard Learn, and its integrated tools, including media services and web-conferencing tools
· Broad knowledge of relevant computers systems, browsers, applications and/or related equipment used with the learning management system and its integrated tools
· Respond to support inquiries in person, over the phone, and through email/ticketing system
· Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
· Walk customer through problem-solving process or steps needed to accomplish their request
· Strong technical communication skills, documenting complex issues in a simple way for end users
· Create online documentation for faculty, staff and students
· Participate in the development of and provides individual and/or group instruction and/or training to end users on new or updated technologies; may supervise or provide functional direction to assigned staff and/or student employees
· Evaluate and test new or modified systems, such as upgrades to the Learning Management system and implementation of new integrated tools, to verify that the systems function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines and best practices
This position will be required to cover evening support hours (latest 9 pm) and a few weekends.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
· Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical people both orally and in writing
· An understanding of a higher education institution and its various parts, such as program development, scheduling and registration, and instructional pedagogy, especially in the area of online learning
· Customer service within the context of a higher education technology environment
· Experience with Blackboard Learn learning management system
· Experience with media and web-conferencing systems
· Experience working with a Service Desk CRM system and thoroughly documenting steps and interactions with a customer
· Demonstrated understanding of web-based applications, including data, application, and client tiers
· Establishing, documenting, and adhering to standard policies and procedures
· Experience researching, writing, editing, and publishing user-friendly documentation of technical services and subject
· Ability to work on a team and coordinate support efforts with a variety of groups both internal and external to the department
Experience with troubleshooting configuration and error related issues for a variety of applications including: desktop applications, web browsers, browser-delivered applications and plug-ins on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms. This would include MS Office, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, Java, Flash, Adobe Acrobat, etc. Also some basic knowledge of HTML.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Academic Technologies (321A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,434.31 to Negotiable|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/23/2019|
|Application Instructions||Include Resume and Cover Letter|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.