Technical Analyst 2 - req# 11460
Technical Analyst 2
|Working Title||Technical Analyst 2|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies Department is seeking a Technical Analyst 2 (TA 2) for our Institutional Support Services(ISS) area.
The TA2 will work to resolve various complex system and application problems within ISS Facilities departments. This position maintains several specialized ISS Facilities file shares/websites/applications and assists with managing a reference instance of UNM’s automated workstation management system (Microsoft System Center). The TA2 also troubleshoots complex workstation issues and resolves potential security issues within in ISS departments that support critical UNM services.
As part of ISS IT, the incumbent will also be an integrated member of the team that supports core workstation and endpoint support across the whole of ISS, including ISS Auxiliaries. Specifically, the TA2 will focus on managing the specialized systems and services portfolio used by the various ISS IT Facilities departments.
Duties include active involvement in planning, implementation and operational oversight of new systems and coordinating integration with ISS IT and campus-wide systems managed by UNM IT Applications. The TA2 will be responsible for documenting system and application architecture and compliance/security requirements. They will also help define technical and functional workflow as appropriate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the functionality, user experience and use of specialized applications and services by utilizing the latest UNM supported tools.
- Leverage central IT applications expertise and resources to ensure accuracy of data managed for systems associated with area of responsibility as well as scalability and interoperability with other systems.
- Work with ISS administration and management evaluate proposed upgrades and changes to primary systems that streamline and optimize workflow.
- Work with appropriate UNM IT resources to ensure that all systems meet or exceed UNM standards for manageability, security, regulatory compliance.
- Analyze and resolve technical issues for ISS Facilities specific and UNM standards-based technology. Expeditiously escalate complex problems to appropriate IT resources for evaluation and resolution.
- Evaluate and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines and best practices.
- Plan, Manage and Implement various projects for new or modified software programs according to user requirements and within established guidelines and best practices.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Experience developing and managing specialized applications and associated workflows.
- Experience working with application development teams to manage data feeds and integration tools.
- Experience working closely with application and system vendors to assist with implementation projects.
- Experience working in information technology at educational institutions.
- Skill working within tiered support structures and service oriented, standards-based IT organizations.
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Campus Outreach & Engagement (362A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,434.31 to $4,112.50|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/9/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.Cover letter with a separate brief description of a project where the applicant coordinated planning and implantation of a new technology solution with users and several and technical teams.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.