Technical Analyst 2 - req# 11467
Technical Analyst 2
|Working Title||Technical Analyst 2|
The University of New Mexico Information Technologies (IT), Workstation Management (WSM) team is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter, flexible and resourceful Technical Analyst 2. Ideal candidate will have experience in managing Windows and Mac desktops, Microsoft Active Directory Organizational Unit (AD OU), file/print services and basic network and security practices. In addition, this position will assist in the management of workstations through Microsoft SCCM and JAMF. Successful candidates will have exceptional communication skills, a thorough understanding of IT systems management best practices and a well-developed sense of customer service for the values, practices and procedures found in a higher education environment.
UNM IT provides a creative work environment with flexible work hours and a supportive team environment. UNM offers outstanding benefits including paid annual and sick leave, an excellent retirement plan and educational benefits for employees and their families.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
1. Handle Help.UNM incidents and requests.
2. Responsible for managing OUs including group policies, rights assignment and account management;
3. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
4. Assists other team members on various projects and tasks.
5. Documents site-specific system information and processes.
6. Documents and writes technical instructions.
7. Maintains current and up-to-date knowledge with respect to relevant technologies, equipment, and/or systems.
8. Assists with O365 troubleshooting and support.
9. Provides UNM campus students, staff and faculty with application and hardware support.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. Microsoft Active Directory and Group policy Management.
2. File/Print services and basic network functions.
3. Windows/Mac OS Management - SCCM/JAMF.
4. Microsoft O365
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT EMSS - Workstations (392A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,434.31 to $4,532.00|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||12/19/2019|
|Application Instructions||Resume and Cover Letter Required.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.