Temp Parttime Faculty ARTH - req# 10815
Temp Parttime Faculty ARTH
|Hiring Department||Taos Branch|
|Benefits Eligible||Adjunct faculty may be eligible to receive certain UNM benefits in some cases. See the Benefits home page for more information.|
UNM Taos anticipates hiring Adjunct Faculty to teach in the Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 semesters in the Fine Arts Department to teach and/or develop Lower Division Courses (100-200 Level).
Anticipated openings potentially include the following subjects:
ARTH 2130 : Modern Art (3 credits)
An art history course covering the major stylistic developments of European and American painting and sculpture from Impressionism to approximately World War II.
Positions are contingent upon need each semester as determined by student enrollment levels, current course offering matrix, and demand driven by graduation requirements. Positions may be filled or eliminated each semester up to the deadline for students to drop or add courses. Candidates who are selected for these positions will report to Sarah Stolar, MFA UNM-Taos Fine Arts Chair.
For best consideration please apply by the following dates: For Spring 2020 apply by: November 2nd, 2019 For Summer 2020 apply by: March 1st, 2020 For Fall 2020 apply by: March 1st, 2020
Minimum Qualifications to teach or develop courses in the field or subfield for which you are applying are determined by Higher Learning Commission’s accreditation requirements for faculty, and must be met by one of these ways:
1. Master’s degree in the discipline or subfield; or
2. Successful completion of at least 18 graduate credit hours in an accredited program in the discipline or subfield; or
1. Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary institution
2. Successful teaching in a community college
3. A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
4. Proficiency in online learning modules.
5. Expertise in PowerPoint or Keynote.
6. Expertise in the History of Modern Art.
7. An active record of professional achievements related to Art History - art criticism, curatorial projects, and/or community engagement.
8. Experience with College Assessment.
|Application Instructions||To apply, please submit the following materials in UNMJobs 1. CV/Resume 2. Cover Letter (Please include what courses you are interested in teaching and day/time you are available to teach). 3. Unofficial Transcripts |
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
|For Best Consideration||This posting will remain active until 11/2/2019. Anyone who applies for a position under this posting will automatically be considered for openings in subsequent semesters unless they indicate in their cover letter that they are not interested in teaching in specific semesters.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.